Another "help me identify this grill" thread.

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
I guess it would be nice if there was a listing with pictures of grills and models... but my wife and I just picked this guy up for free. The owner says it is 20 years old and it has a deep box and side burner. Definitely the oldest Weber I have picked up yet. I will need to order parts. Any idea what would be a good price when it is cleaned up and working?

Thanks
Joe

121123836_10158185210218025_4877556922094954217_o.jpg

Attachments

• 20201008_215939.jpg
    20201008_215939.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201008_221116.jpg
    20201008_221116.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201008_221719.jpg
    20201008_221719.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 17
Genesis 3000, missing the casters on the left legs. As you disassemble, look for a model number/serial number sticker under the control panel or on the frame next to the side burner.

You can research a lot of this yourself by looking at the vast collection of Weber manuals and brochures we have post online here in the forum.

For example, this brochure shows your grill but with wooden work surfaces instead of the Durawood you've got.

Does someone want to create a visual Weber gas grill ID guide? Volunteers take one step forward. :D

Price of flip grills vary by region and by season. There are flippers in your state that may be able to give you better guidance, but it seems like somewhere in the early $300 range is a good asking price for one that is fully rehabbed.

In my area (SoCal), the Weber coal burners are very active, as are the Q series of grills. The vintage Weber gassers are slower movers, especially if they are priced above $100. Rehabs are priced at $300, it seems.

Last edited:
Thank you. I just ordered grates, wheels, and drip pan with holder to start. Burners and tents look OK. Igniter button doesn't work but I probably have one around. Could use a new knob for the side burner but cant find the exact one so I may try filling and sanding the old one. I will know more when I get it apart and cleaned up. This group is great. I had no idea there were so many others doing this;-).
Ed - Do you really have all the grills that are pictured in your tag line? I love the Blackmail saying.

Joe, I would sell that grill in the $300-$350 range fully rehabbed. Of course, "fully rehabbed" might mean something different to different people. Then you have the issue with "local market". What would sell for $350 here, might only sell for $300 other places and vice versa.
If you need an extra knob for the burner, let me know.

Joe, I would sell that grill in the $300-$350 range fully rehabbed. Of course, "fully rehabbed" might mean something different to different people. Then you have the issue with "local market". What would sell for $350 here, might only sell for $300 other places and vice versa.
If you need an extra knob for the burner, let me know.

I guess it would be nice if there was a listing with pictures of grills and models... but my wife and I just picked this guy up for free. The owner says it is 20 years old and it has a deep box and side burner. Definitely the oldest Weber I have picked up yet. I will need to order parts. Any idea what would be a good price when it is cleaned up and working?

Thanks
Joe

View attachment 15681

In Atlanta I think you'd be lucky to get $200-250 for that grill and that's if you do a full rehab. The selling market is peak in the spring time. Seems to be much slower this time of year.

That grill is difficult to come by now in my area (north east). It getting harder and harder to find a Genesis x000 with a side burner. The durawood is in great condition without any warping that I can see. I would keep that porcelain catch pan. The flavor bars on that look Weber SS. Either owner changed it or the original unit was a Platinum edition with a different hood.
I would personally keep it. I'm a durawood kind of guy

No market at all for older gassers here in North AZ. It took two months to sell my restored Skyline and I got $225 for it the guy who bought it drove 100 miles from Phoenix to get it.
Nothing for sale around here ether.

Back