Another Genesis 1000 Rehab

Update guys... so I went to Home Depot this afternoon and pick up my first propane tank came home, hooked it up and it fired up no problem. Where the problem is there is no adjustability with the burners in the low-med-high settings. It will control the flame as I close each valve but I’m not sure if that is a safe way to regulate the flame. So currently on the grill now is the original NG manifold with the NG valves with the LP orifices. The only reason I did this is because when I went to install the LP manifold it wouldn’t fit. The mounting holes were 1/4” to narrow the spacing of the valves on the manifold were to short also 6” center to center while my NG manifold was 6 1/2” center to center. Also the LP valve stems were too short measuring 2 3/4” while my NG valves are 3 1/2” long. Do I have a different model? Is there something else I can try? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Nick, I think you have a Genesis B/C manifold or maybe an old Spirit.

The LP one. Around 2001 Weber used a round tube manifold with shorter valve stems on early Genesis B/C models. They look similar to the one your grill should have.

My photography skills are not to good but here are the two manifolds you probably have. The rusty one is same size as your LP manifold.

IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Ok that makes sense you might be right. Just to be clear Weber did make those bigger valves and manifolds in LP?

Ok that makes sense you might be right. Just to be clear Weber did make those bigger valves and manifolds in LP?
Hi Nick, the manifolds in the pictures are both LP and they both have the sames measurements as yours from your description.

Nick, I am sure all of the Genesis 1000-5000 manifolds were the same through all the years. I am guessing you have one from a Silver B or maybe another version of weber grill.

If you can give me some measurements, I will check some of my Genesis LP 1000 manifolds to see if they match up.

Yes you bought the wrong manifold, and now you've seen first hand what I have been trying to communicate to people. Those people on web sites selling so called "conversion" kits are shysters

Yes you bought the wrong manifold, and now you've seen first hand what I have been trying to communicate to people. Those people on web sites selling so called "conversion" kits are shysters
Yes sir. I learned the hard way but at least I learned

Update!

As usual Bruce came to the rescue! He sent me the correct manifold I needed and a couple other goodies since he’s a authorized Weber dealer now lol. No he was nice enough to send a tank scale and hardware along with the manifold since my grill was originally NG and didn’t come with that stuff. I threw on a quick coat of HH paint/ clear coat and got to cookin!
AF524140-C2C6-4176-9259-7264B33211AE.jpeg

Flame control is so must better! Hopefully those zip ties I put on the manifold don’t melt. Sorry it’s the electrician in me, I can’t see wires hanging down.

5B513603-92C3-445E-8F48-38D356399477.jpeg
All done!......for now

1D4D8686-8143-4CC4-82BC-CE9545A8CAF4.jpeg
First cook. Jalapeño and cheddar brats for big kids and turkey dogs for the little kids!

Nice work and glad you were able to get your grill fixed! Now you have to christen it with a couple of NY or ribeye steaks.

Back