Another Different Costa Rica Lunch

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Some very Tasty Chicken Wings on my Weber Performer Deluxe using the Napoleon Rotisserie Basket and Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit. The Wings Spun at 350F for around 1 1/4 Hours and clean-up was a breeze as I soaked the Basket in "Joy" Dish Detergent overnight.

Attachments

• asNXOe9URUO8ZWS%+mtsvg.jpg
    asNXOe9URUO8ZWS%+mtsvg.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 28
  • bLcQkpVzQdii2P86YwGv1A.jpg
    bLcQkpVzQdii2P86YwGv1A.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 28
  • SXPqIyIyRG2S3zYyo2jj5A.jpg
    SXPqIyIyRG2S3zYyo2jj5A.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 27
  • bl9kujEyRkK49wQ%yZMeAQ.jpg
    bl9kujEyRkK49wQ%yZMeAQ.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 26
Some very Tasty Chicken Wings on my Weber Performer Deluxe using the Napoleon Rotisserie Basket and Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit. The Wings Spun at 350F for around 1 1/4 Hours and clean-up was a breeze as I soaked the Basket in "Joy" Dish Detergent overnight.
Very nice - Those "wings" look the size of 1/4 chickens!

Looks like a fine lunch!
Richard, did you say you had the battery powered motor for your rotisserie as well as the hard wired one?
Just wondering if you had used that yet Nd how it performed?

Looks like a fine lunch!
Richard, did you say you had the battery powered motor for your rotisserie as well as the hard wired one?
Just wondering if you had used that yet Nd how it performed?
Tim:
Last year I first ordered the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit that contained the "One Grill" battery-operated Rotisserie Motor. A month or so later I ordered the the "One Grill" Electric Rotisserie Motor off Amazon.Com.

I have used the Battery Operated Rotisserie Motor four(4) times roasting some whole chickens and it performed A-OK. However, the Electric Rotisserie Motor is rated with a little more horse-power and seems to run somewhat smoother due to the added horse power. I now mainly have the Battery Operated Motor which uses two(2) size-D Batteries as a back-up when our Costa Rican frequent black-outs occur. However, the big plus in using the Battery Operated is no extension power cord is needed to operate and it does a very adequate job for my needs in rotating the Rotisserie Spit as it is rated up to twenty(20) lbs. As I recall, The Electric motor is rated up to around thirty(30) lbs.

Oh, Brian of "One Griil.Com" and Chris of "Cajun Bandit.com" gave me excellent customer service!

Attachments

• 5YLFbmwkSACQfE+%LFkBNg.jpg
    5YLFbmwkSACQfE+%LFkBNg.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 8KqyJgomRGWZb1lohu3Smw.jpg
    8KqyJgomRGWZb1lohu3Smw.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 8
  • bl9kujEyRkK49wQ%yZMeAQ.jpg
    bl9kujEyRkK49wQ%yZMeAQ.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Very nice cook Rich. Seems like we have gotten into the rotisserie season already, starting to see a lot of them being used on the forum now. They are a great way to cook.

Very nice cook Rich. Seems like we have gotten into the rotisserie season already, starting to see a lot of them being used on the forum now. They are a great way to cook.
Rich: Yeh, Rotisserie Cooking interest appears to be much more popular on this Forum. I am so enthused that I am thinking of purchasing another Weber Kettle for stand-alone Rotisserie Cooking! Thanx for the nice comment!

Rich: Yeh, Rotisserie Cooking interest appears to be much more popular on this Forum. I am so enthused that I am thinking of purchasing another Weber Kettle for stand-alone Rotisserie Cooking! Thanx for the nice comment!
Please explain why you would want another kettle dedicated for rotisserie. You're not the first person who mentioned this. In fact the person I got my rotisserie from had the ring screwed into the kettle. I don't get it, when it is so easy to put the ring on and off, takes up less room, and one less thing to clean. What am I missing?

Please explain why you would want another kettle dedicated for rotisserie. You're not the first person who mentioned this. In fact the person I got my rotisserie from had the ring screwed into the kettle. I don't get it, when it is so easy to put the ring on and off, takes up less room, and one less thing to clean. What am I missing?
Joe: What is stored on my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) when not in use: SNS Plus, SNS Easy Spin Grate, Weber GBS Grate, SNS raised Grate, SNS DripNGriddle Pan, Some GrillGrates, etc.,etc. I live in a two(2) Bedrooom Apartment in which I do not own a car, so, I store my WPD, WSM 18" ":Classic", and Weber Smoky Joe in the Car Port Patio Area.

Also, wanting to utilize more often my Rotisserie Investment by adding another Weber Kettle I would have it all set-up in advance which would ease the strain on days that I am feeling my 78 years old but wanting some BBQ via the "spin method". Also, not it being a total "set-it and forget-it" type of grilling; with a Large Weber chimney full of charcoal briquettes I was able to maintain a constant temperature of 350F and three(3) beers later my chicken wings were cooked.

Also, I guess I could store my BBQ Things like the photo below on the right but then starts my "wifey" problem.

However, you make a very good point!

Attachments

• fGPC2T+0T2eclqSvA3T0rA.jpg
    fGPC2T+0T2eclqSvA3T0rA.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 7
  • u+VxvyrjQxWqIyxlVCeLmg.jpg
    u+VxvyrjQxWqIyxlVCeLmg.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Joe, to add to Richard’s excellent comments, the accessories used inside a kettle are usually greasy from drippings, black from smoke, charcoal or covered in ashes. If you have to remove some of them to add others for different cooks they are not the cleanest things to handle and have lying about. Especially if you have guests. Having a kettle for each setup keeps things hid as well as not having to switch the dirty greasy things about. Now, if you totally scrub everything inside the bowl after each use then this would not be an issue. That is not me and I don’t think it is everyone. 😆

Joe: What is stored on my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) when not in use: SNS Plus, SNS Easy Spin Grate, Weber GBS Grate, SNS raised Grate, SNS DripNGriddle Pan, Some GrillGrates, etc.,etc. I live in a two(2) Bedrooom Apartment in which I do not own a car, so, I store my WPD, WSM 18" ":Classic", and Weber Smoky Joe in the Car Port Patio Area.

Also, wanting to utilize more often my Rotisserie Investment by adding another Weber Kettle I would have it all set-up in advance which would ease the strain on days that I am feeling my 78 years old but wanting some BBQ via the "spin method". Also, not it being a total "set-it and forget-it" type of grilling; on a Large Weber chimney full of charcoal briquettes I was able to maintain a constant temperature of 350F and three(3) beers later my chicken wings were cooked.

Also, I guess I could store my BBQ Things like the photo below on the right but then starts my "wifey" problem.

However, you make a very good point!
Richard - You said "Another kettle" I thought you already had one. If you got the CB roti then you could use it on your WSM. What is that fan looking thing?

Joe, to add to Richard’s excellent comments, the accessories used inside a kettle are usually greasy from drippings, black from smoke, charcoal or covered in ashes. If you have to remove some of them to add others for different cooks they are not the cleanest things to handle and have lying about. Especially if you have guests. Having a kettle for each setup keeps things hid as well as not having to switch the dirty greasy things about. Now, if you totally scrub everything inside the bowl after each use then this would not be an issue. That is not me and I don’t think it is everyone. 😆
I am a little bit of a clean freak. I do clean all my grills very well when I get them, and then about twice a year there after, with some grease / ash scraping when needed. The rotisserie does get cleaned well after every use and hung up or stored under the kettle. Luckily the rotisserie does not get too dirty and cleans up easy.

Once or twice a year for me too and as you say, anything that touches food gets cleaned good so I don’t get sick though. That still leaves things like a slow n sear, vortex etc that is dirty to move around and store.

Having a “Spare” kettle is very convenient! I have one which I am still planning to set up as a more dedicated Pizzaque unit. It’s an older kettle that has seen some serious use, picked it up for $10 and it’s a little weak in the knees so, I want to build a better workspace for it, taller (easier on my back) with maybe a cement table or tile I’m not sure but, big enough to make pizzas on etc. the added work surface is always a convenience!
Richard, thanks for your opinion on the battery spinner, I might look into that, I have two corded motors but, there are times when NOT having a cord running across the party area would be preferable.

Richard - You said "Another kettle" I thought you already had one. If you got the CB roti then you could use it on your WSM. What is that fan looking thing?
I have a Weber Performer Deluxe 22" fitted with the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit 22" and my WSM "Classic" is a 18" which was bought new in the year 2008. At that time Weber only sold a WSM 18".

That "fan-looking-thing" in the right-hand photo is a Hunsaker Vortex Plate which I will place on-top of my WSM Charcoal Ring to effect indirect grilling when I get around to hanging some chickens on my Gateway Hanging Rack. It is suppose to control the fire below to prevent burnt chickens/meat and it is Still untried!

Attachments

• 9590EEE7-8C29-4FCA-84D0-F1C3D02EEB38.jpeg
    9590EEE7-8C29-4FCA-84D0-F1C3D02EEB38.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 5
  • C7609807-DB39-4F6B-9408-F9CB854F6DC3.jpeg
    C7609807-DB39-4F6B-9408-F9CB854F6DC3.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Back