Another Brisket - Just in time for the new site

Jeff R

TVWBB Pro
Well, decided to start working on briskets again. This time it was a 7 lb choice flat. Had decent fat cap, so I thought why not. Rubbed and injected it, and got it started around 7:30

Here it is at around 3 hours
IMG_0349.JPG

A couple on the cutting board

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

and finally, on to the plate.

IMG_0353.JPG

Overall, I was pretty happy. I think it could have cooked just a tad longer. Pefectly tender for dinner, but probally would have only scored an 8, or so I hope! Will probally continue to work with this recipe. Think I will remove the fat cap next time before slicing.

Love the new site, but I must say, I miss the icons to post pics. Am I missing something?

*edit* I found the formating controls :)

Last edited:
I'm impressed by anyone that can smoke a brisket flat and have it come out as well as yours looks. Juicy and beautiful!

You should read all the FAQ/advice posts Chris put up. If you go into settings -> general settings -> and select standard editor the icons show up when you refresh the page.

Not only do you have a carving skill that everyone wants....You can cook a killer brisky! 2 thumbs up!

That was some really nice cutting of a perfectly cooked piece of meat. The first thing I thought was did he use a machine to cut it. All the pieces look evenly cut. My first Brisket comes in a few weeks

Back