Another 1 in my garage, what’s it worth?

Jose Robles

TVWBB Member
Picked up a 2013 Weber Genesis e310 espresso (control knobs on front) in great condition for 100 bucks. The couple I bought it off really took care of it. Gave me the cover and manual for it. I plan on cleaning her up and putting her back on the market. I tried checking offer up/ Craigslist to get an idea of how much there going for but none in my area. So the question is how much is this model worth?

Thanks guys

I would think that if you clean it up real good and there is no rust in the cabinet and the internals are in good shape, you should easily be able to get $250 or so.

Either way, it sounds like you got a great deal. Post up some pictures.

I would think that if you clean it up real good and there is no rust in the cabinet and the internals are in good shape, you should easily be able to get $250 or so.

Either way, it sounds like you got a great deal. Post up some pictures.

Jose,

Great score! I agree with Bruce, maybe even try for $300. They seem to be going in that range here, but most of ours suffer from at least some rust damage. You probably don't have that :rolleyes: so just clean it up real nice and see what happens! We want to see, too!

Jon

I cleaned the firebox and catch tray but have not really dove in yet. I’ll keep you guys posted on the flip as I can’t keep her lol. Might be on the couch tonight haha..

SlAC47m.jpg

rMlx64g.jpg

YtAD1rB.jpg

That's a nice looking grill. I'll bet you could flip it easily if you scrub it down and make it all purdy like ..

NICE GRILL, Jose! (Oh to be in Arizona where metal lasts!!!) Looks like just some elbow grease, Simple Green, and maybe a little wax to finish it off. I like the Espresso color, too. Fix it up and be patient. Don't give it away; it is too nice for that.

Not to cross-post, but those grates are definitely upside down :) there are "feet" in the corners. Just saying!

Not to cross-post, but those grates are definitely upside down :) there are "feet" in the corners. Just saying!

Yeah...Very good point:eek:! Those must be the "newer" ones. The old ones like I have don't have those feet.

Jose,

A lot of people like the wide cast iron bars. (I bet that is why Weber changed them.) It might be a good selling point to display them that way when you are selling. They look in excellent condition, so just a mild cleaning and maybe a very light coat of grill Pam or Crisco to give them a "seasoned" look. When you get the rest of the inside clean the black cast iron grates will look really sharp and hopefully eye-catching to potential buyers:eek:!

Jon

I have to think there is a way to use wood to repair that phenomenon in those things. Of course, my grill is about 20 years old.

I had my friend make me stainless steel bottoms and backs for this grill. I wish I could get him to make more, but he wants to sell out and retire, so he is not motivated.

2i7ome8.jpg

This is what most people do with these after a few years in Florida salt air and inattention to care:

166kemr.jpg

Jose, like others said, be patient. Lost the grill for $50 more then you hope to get out of it. The beauty of Craigslist is the art of the deal. Lost it for more, people offer you less, you haggle back and forth, and in the end, both people are happy. Lost it with lots of pics, and don't just say..."2013 Weber Genessis, great condition" . You have to make this grill seem like they HAVE to have it!! Also, a little humor works. I just flipped a q-320 on CL. I paid $75 for it, spent about 3 hours on a Sunday cleaning it up and putting armour all on it. I hoped to get $150, but wanted $175. Someone had listed one a few days prior for $290 with only 2 pics, so I listed it with 8 pics and asked $230. It was on CL for exactly a week when a man drove 2 hours and paid $200 to get it!!! Pics and a great listing, and you can't go wrong...
Good luck,
Tim

I would of never known about the grates being upside down. By the looks of it, the previous owner did not know either as I can tell they grilled with the skinner side up by the looks of the grates. Thanks for the knowledge as always.

Never the less, I listed it on offer up for 250 yesterday and sold it for 220 today, not a bad return for having it less than 48 hour. All I did was clean the firebox and tray.

Geeez. Nice turn around Jose. Now you have some cash for a couple more rehab projects.

qfwVjXA.jpg

SWEET!!! With a profit like that, your wife will welcome the Webers in the garage with open arms! Mine thought I was crazy the first couple times, now she never pays the, a second thought when she sees a different grill on the deck...
Congrats on the great flip,
Tim

Wow, it's pretty rare I can flip a mixer that easily. The machines I overhaul each get at minimum 5 hours worth of work, every part checked for fit and proper tolerance (replaced as needed), thoroughly cleaned (and believe me you cannot believe the condition some of them get to me in), fresh synthetic lube (which costs ME $20 a tube and yields only 2 machines), fully tuned and adjusted to factory spec and GUARANTEED for a full year!
I keep my resale prices about 50% of what one would cost new and STILL I get the jerks who try to make stupid offers and get mad at me when I tell them to get realistic.
Maybe I should change my business to "grilldoc" rather than mixerdoc LOL Or maybe I should have Jose sell my machines for me and give him a commission LOL

Back