And Holy Smoke Another Unicorn!!!!!

Bruce, you are not just whistling Dixie. I was done flipping to make time to fix up the house. I had one last grill to get from a friend who had been storing it for me. Now I have 4 gassers and a Performer to get fixed and sold. I found my first red head for $20, a 2018 Spirit II E210 for $85, a nice little 2 burner Spirit with cabinet, and a Genesis E330 monster for free that I am considering what to do with. I think there needs to be a vaccine for Weberitus. How could I pass this up for $20 with tank?View attachment 31981
View attachment 31982
For $20 you couldn’t pass that up Joe. It took me theee years to find my redhead and I paid more than that for one in worse condition. Nice score!

OH, OK, that makes sense then. I thought someone who took that good of care of a grill wouldn't let it go for $20.

I would really be temped to keep it if I did not have my Genesis 5. The husband died, and it was evident that he liked to grill way more than he liked to clean his grill. I think it was sort of a frankin grill as it is a deep box with a red Silver lid and silver tables instead of the wood or even durawood. The grate are a real nice CI made in USA. I really don't understand the grill but I love that red top. I listed it for $300 which is probably too high as subconsciously I don't really want to part with it.

Well, if you are not real anxious to sell it, then let it sit and hopefully someone will bite. Why not?
But, yah, that is kind of a franken grill. I honestly never even considered that a thermoset shelf would fit on a Genesis 1000 frame. Who knew?

I have a bit of a franken grill that I am working on that I will hopefully be sharing with the list if everything works out and once I get it finished.

It’s still too far away for me to justify the project but, damn, I’m tempted!
Enablers! But, if I did it, is have to re tweak, the patio! Still, it would be cool! I could send the maroon Genny to some needy soul.
The mind boggles!

Yes. But!

If you buy that classic glass door Weber grill.

That is the only way you become a member of the classic Weber glass door club.

Of which I am the unofficial president of said club.

Yes. But!

If you buy that classic glass door Weber grill.

That is the only way you become a member of the classic Weber glass door club.

Of which I am the unofficial president of said club.
ill be a member one day lol

I think someone is going to have to put together a separate FAQ or thread with all of the Weber clubs and unofficial leaders and members, as the list seems to keep growing;-) I did not know I even made to a club, and Ed was "the unofficial president of said club". Funny I don't remember a vote, or was there an "unofficial vote"?

Just keeping it simple.

And no one had challenged me on it!

If someone wants to buy mine I will be more than willing to step down and let them take over the responsibilities :)

Just keeping it simple.

And no one had challenged me on it!

If someone wants to buy mine I will be more than willing to step down and let them take over the responsibilities :)
Ed - Just razzing you. I kind of like the sound of the "glass doors club". Sounds like your ready to sell yours. Post a pic and how come?

I would really be temped to keep it if I did not have my Genesis 5. The husband died, and it was evident that he liked to grill way more than he liked to clean his grill. I think it was sort of a frankin grill as it is a deep box with a red Silver lid and silver tables instead of the wood or even durawood. The grate are a real nice CI made in USA. I really don't understand the grill but I love that red top. I listed it for $300 which is probably too high as subconsciously I don't really want to part with it.
How does the table lock up? I thought the bracket that those tables lock into were part of the frame?

How does the table lock up? I thought the bracket that those tables lock into were part of the frame?
I went and took a picture. It is the standard welded on bracket. Don't ask me how that got there. This is definitely frankin. Maybe the original owner replaced the tube?
20210709_104959.jpg

Well it sold today for $275! It was a banner day, as I actually sold all 3 grills I had listed. Barely any hits all week, then today being Saturday I sold 3. I guess I may just list the grills on Fridays when we have nice weekend weather. All that is left is a S-330 I am waiting on warranty parts from Weber, hood, firebox, and burners. I also purchased a new floor, igniter, flavorizers, and deflectors. Those S330 where IMHO some of the nicest looking, but crap grills they made. Take a look at what happened to the manifold. This is defective engineering if ever I have seen any. Both sides are like that and it ate right through the firebox. Since this grill will be 80% new I was thinking about keeping it as a daily gasser but decided to stay with the Broilmaster as there is so much less to go wrong.
20210707_141919.jpg

Last edited:
Well it sold today for $275! It was a banner day, as I actually sold all 3 grills I had listed. Barely any hits all week, then today being Saturday I sold 3. I guess I may just list the grills on Fridays when we have nice weekend weather. All that is left is a S-330 I am waiting on warranty parts from Weber, hood, firebox, and burners. I also purchased a new floor, igniter, flavorizers, and deflectors. Those S330 where IMHO some of the nicest looking, but crap grills they made. Take a look at what happened to the manifold. This is defective engineering if ever I have seen any. Both sides are like that and it eat right through the firebox. Since this grill will be 80% new I was thinking about keeping it as a daily gasser but decided to stay with the Broilmaster as there is so much less to go wrong.
View attachment 32369
Just curious (and don't anybody take this the wrong way), what type of folks are buying your grills? Collectors, young couples, retired folks, nostalgics, newbies, frugals, people that just need a grill for the weekend . . . ??

Back