An Old Friend - Flank Steak

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Been a while since I cooked one of these, and we were in the mood for steak tonight, so I thawed one out. Marinaded it for four hours in a mix of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. I got the Q200 nice and hot, seared the flank on high heat for 2 minutes per side, then another 2 minutes per side on low until it hit about 132F. Removed from the grill, rested then sliced. Sided up with some flavored rice (a couple of tablespoons of tomato boullion w/chicken flavor to 1.5 cups rice), and a nice green salad.

IMG_6903.jpeg

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6906.jpeg

I really do love flank steak, and this one turned out exceptionally well. Very beefy, juicy, and the marinade added some great flavors! I was happy to have the Q200 tonight, as I've got bread and a few other things going on, so push button grilling was a great convenience.

Have a great weekend!

R

Looks perfect. Flank is actually my favourite steak, have been using the same asian marinade for 30+ years. Lots of soy, sesame oil,, 3 or 4 tbsp of hoisin sauce, 2-4 cloves minced garlic, 3 or 4 tbsp sambal olek or sirracha, juice and zest of a lime, 4-5 rough chopped green onions, big knob of ginger grated. Ziploc back overnight but sometimes 2-3 days. Always cook it rare to medium rare, never past that. Could eat it weekly and every time at Costco buy 2 or 3 of the double packed flanks.

That is one great looking steak. Actually, the whole plate looks great. I need to remind myself to pick a couple flanks up the next time I'm at Costco.

Great looking cook Rich. Barb and I love flank steak and just did a marinated one for some fajitas the other night, good stuff.

Looks terrific Rich! For some reason flank steak is almost impossible to get here anymore. When I do find it it’s $15+ per pound!

Back