Amigo, It's Cold Outside

In 1933, FDR said " we have nothing to fear ....... but fear itself " .............. and today, people are scared of their own shadow.

We're scared of everything, GMO's, Fracking , Round up Week killer, covid, pipelines, terrorism................you name it, we're afraid of it. We're being manipulated with fear.

There is no good life without risk, there's risk in everything.

Last edited:
who wants to live in a town that has a Nuclear Power Plant

Brian, for 6 years, I worked just a few hundred yards up the shore from Big Rock, Charlevoix, MI. I joked that if the plant ever lost power, I was just going to run an extension cord down the shore and plug into the containment. At the time, it was one of the oldest operating, and had an outstanding safety record. It used Lake Michigan water as secondary loop cooling.

Nuclear power does not scare me. Idiots who don't care scare me. Uneducated idiots with irrational fears scare me.

Obviously NOT Chernobyl. I only live about 20 miles or so from Byron IL and I would happily live IN Byron. Gone fishing and swimming in the Rock River right near the discharge from that plant as well. Other than that 3rd ear growing out of the back of my neck no problems :D
I too am sick of all this scaredy cat stuff. Though I must admit I avoid GMO foods, trying to keep mostly "organic" though I hate that term. Roundup/Glyphosate is VERY nasty stuff and should not be allowed. Just ask my VietNam vet friend who was exposed to it. But overall I refuse to live cowering in fear like it seems everyone (including some members of my own family) are doing.

Back