Amazon problems

Tom Mccann

TVWBB Fan
I attempted to purchase a 18.5 WSM from amazon through this website but encountered problems. I was trying to pay using more than one gift card. I tried calling their customer service but they could not help me resolve this issue. So unless someone here knows how to help me purchase this item through here I will be forced to go to wamart or another outlet.

- On Amazon.com, click the "Your Account" link.
- In the Payment section under the heading Gift Cards, click "Apply a gift certificate/card to your account".
- Login to Amazon
- Follow the instructions to redeem your gift card. The amount of the card will be added to your available funds balance.
- Repeat for each card.

Make sure to click one of the Amazon links on TVWB before adding items to your cart. Then checkout and pay using your available funds balance.

Regards,
Chris

If the gift cards in question are not Amazon gift certificates/cards, the above solution may not apply. I once tried, unsuccessfully, to use an American Express gift card as partial payment on an Amazon order. Amazon customer service suggested I use the AMEX gift card to purchase an Amazon gift certificate, and then use it as directed above. Unfortunately, AMEX gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift certificates/cards from other companies.

Right. My instructions were for using multiple Amazon.com gift certificate/cards.

From Amazon's site: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pre-paid Credit or Gift Card Payment Restrictions

If you are using a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express pre-paid credit or gift card, please note the following restrictions:

Pre-paid gift cards can't be combined with credit cards on a single order.
Pre-paid gift cards can't be used to sign up for Amazon Prime membership.
Amex Gift Cards can't be used to purchase Amazon.com gift cards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This seems to leave open the possibility of using VISA or Mastercard gift cards to buy Amazon gift cards.

Regards,
Chris

So far no luck at amazon, I was on the phone with their customer service. Evidently you can't use multiple gift cards to purchase an item. So I am still working on it.

Back