Amazon Prime Big Deal Days

Well, they are easily returnable. If the sleeve fits into the lid ok, then no biggy.

Good catch Bruce, I saw that too.
The Weber one isn’t much more, and it’ fits perfect.

"The product information indicates that each cooking grate measures 17.5" x 11.9" and consists of 16 stainless steel rods measuring 1/4 inch in diameter each."

Those are not 7mm.
True. A 1/4" works out to 6.35 mm. Still, they look ok for $25.

The grates and thermometers came today. The grates don’t fit 100% perfect. The cross bars sit slightly on the ridge of the cook box. There is a very small bit of slide when you press on them in the motion that you would be scraping, back and forth.
That being said, sitting alone in the grill together, they look very nice and have a nice tight fit, especially in the middle. The second pic is of them on top of the quilimetal 7mm in my 330. The difference between 1/4” and 7mm is hardly noticeable (to me, I’m sure others will see it different). But for $25/set, I think they will be just fine for a flipper.

The thermometers do not fit in the existing hole on the 1, 1000, silver B holes. I have a couple of less than desirable end caps at work that I will experiment with drilling out (hopefully) tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    IMG_7725.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 12
you think so? I think it looks fine, and I really wasn’t expecting much for $25, I was expecting far more of a let down to be honest

For $25 my only complaint would be the way the two grates fit together. It would have been nice if the spacing was even. It probably also would have resulted in tighter spacing all the way across both grates.

So I started a return on the grates, as I am not 100% sure that I am comfortable putting them in a flip grill. I checked the box that stated did not match description and it gave me an option to re-order to ensure the proper product was shipped (at no cost). Figured it was worth at least a shot. It was not the wrong product (as I suspected).

The burner tubes and bars I ordered look ok, except the air flow adjusters around the spider guards were all bent up, so they shipped me new tubes/bars (at no expense, just have to send the damaged set back). I did not cut them out of the packaging to fit them but side by side with used ones they looked decent!

The thermometers (with the wing nut) are as expected too big at the base, and the threaded piece does not come off, so those are also going to go back as I don't like the thought of having to drill out the hole because if someone wants to replace it down the road it may make it more difficult for them to find a replacement.

So it was mostly a strikeout for big deal days for me, but I learned a valuable lesson. Always buy stuff that is easily returnable! lol

VoTenLi S753f - claim to be 16ga bars. During big deal days they had them packaged together.
Separate - bars are $37 and tubes are $46, got the pair at just under $40... maybe I will offer to buy the second set (if I can still get that price), and live with trying to fix them or swapping out the bent pieces from old tubes

Last edited:

Back