Amazon Affiliate Status

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Please remember that The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This includes use of the Amazon link in the top banner of every forum page and Amazon links in posts.

Thanks,
Chris

Fair enough Chris,
I have a question about something that just started this morning, when I open a page, there is an advertising banner that crawls up from the bottom of the page I close it and it crawls down, change page, crawls back up. It’s a bit annoying, I’m sure it’s not your doing but, is that from the host or some evil spirit possessing my iPad?

Fair enough Chris,
I have a question about something that just started this morning, when I open a page, there is an advertising banner that crawls up from the bottom of the page I close it and it crawls down, change page, crawls back up. It’s a bit annoying, I’m sure it’s not your doing but, is that from the host or some evil spirit possessing my iPad?

I'm getting it here now (Chrome, on Linux.) Gotta be part of Xenfora display formatting with enabled advertising. This helps Chris defray site operating costs. As much as I dislike it, I know why it happens.

No, that was an ad experiment run by Google Ads. They have an annoying habit of running these experiments without my permission, despite my having turn off such experiments in my Google account. I find them obnoxious, too, despite the fact that they often will generate more revenue for the forum. I turn them off whenever I see them popping up, and if you see them before I do, please drop me a note so I can quash them.

Chris, when we use this site to order from Amazon, does it have to be Weber related or can we order whatever we want?

The reason I am asking is because I need a new desk chair. :)

As I understand it as long as you use the Amazon bar at the top of the forum's home page Chris gets credit no matter what you order.
I don't even have Amazon on my home page favorites, so it forces me to come here and use the one at the top of the page.

Last edited:
As I understand it as long as you use the Amazon bar at the top of the forum's home page Chris gets credit no matter what you order.
I don't even have Amazon on my home page favorites, so it forces me to come here and use the one at the top of the page.
This is correct.

Back