Am I The Only One ?

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
So I go to Sams this morning to pick up my wifes meds . I went nuts buying meat I bought steaks a giant pork loin pork chops 90/10 burger brats and more . Am I the only one that loses control when they pass a meat counter
icon_confused.gif
Just the other day I bought a pile a chicken and 4 10# butts and ribs . Hey I had finaly made room in a freezer
icon_biggrin.gif

The fish run was a couple weeks ago salmon talapia shrimp and scalops
icon_eek.gif

My wife just looks at me and shakes her head
icon_rolleyes.gif

Man, it's HARD to leave Sams without something to cook, and my local grocer has St. Louis ribs on sale this week! They're killing me! I still have nine slabs in the freezer and if I get any more the Mrs. will kill....me.

...and Kroger has whole boneless beef shoulders on sale for $1.98! I felt like throwing the largest in the buggy, but I resisted, knowing I can wait til picking up a briskey next week when we go to Sams.....I just don't get vegetarians!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Man, it's HARD to leave Sams without something to cook, and my local grocer has St. Louis ribs on sale this week! They're killing me! I still have nine slabs in the freezer and if I get any more the Mrs. will kill....me.

...and Kroger has whole boneless beef shoulders on sale for $1.98! I felt like throwing the largest in the buggy, but I resisted, knowing I can wait til picking up a briskey next week when we go to Sams.....I just don't get vegetarians! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the feeling I came in carrying 2 a those giant cooler bags stuffed to the max ! I pulled out this GIANT pork loin and she say what in the @#$%^&*(! are you gona do with that thing
icon_biggrin.gif
She sent me for pop the other day and Walmart had 4 giant picnics for .89 cents a lb and I boughtem all first ones I have seen that cheap in a while neeedless to say she was thrilled with me
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I told her you will be glad when all these pork butts are cooked and in the freezer this winter a long with about 15 slabs a ribs ! Winter is LONG in Michigan and Iam to lazy to smoke much in the mist a winter
icon_smile.gif

Too funny!!!!

Whatcha gonna do with that pork loin? I guess the best recipe I've found has been the soda-brined with cherry-chipotle glaze. It's really easy and is in the Weber Way to Grill cookbook. Everybody seems to like it. I use the kettle with two piles of charcoal and start by searing the two halves on each pile, then cook side by side in a pan with the glaze on top. Fast and easy, and tasty too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Too funny!!!!

Whatcha gonna do with that pork loin? I guess the best recipe I've found has been the soda-brined with cherry-chipotle glaze. It's really easy and is in the Weber Way to Grill cookbook. Everybody seems to like it. I use the kettle with two piles of charcoal and start by searing the two halves on each pile, then cook side by side in a pan with the glaze on top. Fast and easy, and tasty too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I duno what iam gona do with it yet ! Its about 30 + inches long and about as round as one a those rolls they put burger in . Must a been a dang big pig or its not a loin
icon_eek.gif

I'd bring it down to size by cutting off some nice thick chops and freezing those for later... unless you're inviting a troop of boy scouts over or something.
icon_smile.gif

I'd bring it down to size by cutting off some nice thick chops and freezing those for later... unless you're inviting a troop of boy scouts over or something.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope embarassing to say but it is just me and the wife But I got enough food in this house to feed atleast a small 3rd world country
icon_biggrin.gif
! But I ship dinner to my daughter and son inlaw a lot they work ungodly hrs and we keep the gran daughter every day .

I hadn't thought of cutting some in to some nice chops great idea that takes care of some of it
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd bring it down to size by cutting off some nice thick chops and freezing those for later... unless you're inviting a troop of boy scouts over or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more! Or you can roll it on the top rack and Q at 275 till 135 internal and rest for 15-30. It will have a nice outer crust! I'm doing one tonight myself.

Nope, you're not alone ..

I've recently developed a habit of leaving work for lunch, only to skip it entirely in favor of a stop by the butcher (I was #73, currently serving #60..) then a dash home to light the smoker.

Pulled pork tO-NIGht!
icon_smile.gif

Back