Almost pulled the trigger on this unique one

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
Cruising Facebook Marketplace and came across this rather unique Thermos grill-

nVOxDjX.jpg

Not only glass front but glass side shelves!

G4FMiN7.jpg

The knobs look like older Weber's too

q5rxdkh.jpg

Cool gauge

cDzmhgQ.jpg

Insides appear almost new, very little use. Appears to be a cast aluminum box and lid too.

Liking this tank weight scale

KpEzGgO.jpg

This was offered at $30.00 and I had contacted the seller and almost made the 2 hour journey to pick it up but I wanted to clear out the Ron Burgundy grill before I brought another one Home. Unfortunately it was sold later that day :(

Jeff

Timothy,
Not sure on the year but I was thinking made sometime in the 80s

I know CharBroil made the grills for Thermos but I am coming up empty with info on this unicorn.

Jeff

Very 60s, I just wonder where he stored it to keep it from self destructing in the first two or three years of it's life, must have had some type of humidity free airtight vault. :unsure:

80's I think. I had the standard model without the fancy glass side shelfs. I remember replacing the lid glass with sheet metal when it broke. You can probably still get an H-Burner for them.

Yeah, I had one back in RI in the 80's too. I replaced the glass twice since the metal frame that held it in place rusted out due to heat of the grill and salt air! I was a cheap grill from a chain called Benny's which is now gone. Fantastic gas grill which cooked great. When I couldn't get parts anymore, I bought a green behemoth Coleman gas grill built like a tank that couldn't cook for squat. Gave it away when we moved west.

Dan I missed Bennys too, stocked up on chips and supplies before they closed. Had some good deals there.

I bought a bunch of My Little Town Christmas ornaments at great prices and of course bought the Benny's sign. Where Benny's was in Wakefield, RI was originally a Woolworths and now is an Ocean State Job Lot similar to Building 19. Lots of our first year Christmas ornaments from Bennys are still in use. Our family has ornaments going back to before World War One.

I bought a bunch of My Little Town Christmas ornaments at great prices and of course bought the Benny's sign. Where Benny's was in Wakefield, RI was originally a Woolworths and now is an Ocean State Job Lot similar to Building 19. Lots of our first year Christmas ornaments from Bennys are still in use. Our family has ornaments going back to before World War One.

I shopped at Benny’s in Wakefield when visiting the in-laws in RI. When my girls were little they pestered me to buy them a child’s lawn chairs and table set to use at Grandma’s. I wonder whatever happened to it. It might still be in their garden shed. Memories! 😀

That certainly is not your everyday find. I remember the glass front grills from the 80’s but don’t recall any with glass shelves. If I had my museum...

I shopped at Benny’s in Wakefield when visiting the in-laws in RI. When my girls were little they pestered me to buy them a child’s lawn chairs and table set to use at Grandma’s. I wonder whatever happened to it. It might still be in their garden shed. Memories! 😀
Richard:
We got one for our son back in the 1980's that matched our adult beach/concert chairs. It made the transition to one of the other fire department families when he outgrew it.

Miss Job Lot too-wish they had one out here!

Back