All this talk about Stainless Steel grates made me do this...

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
Been using the porcelain metal grates for the past 10 years and still going strong. Kept looking at the recent rehabbed grills got me thinking. So picked up a set of Hongso. Looks nice and pretty. But think my firebox is warped. Don’t think it’s the grates.

Attachments

• 70B26292-874A-42F6-A88F-A7478AE48671.jpeg
    70B26292-874A-42F6-A88F-A7478AE48671.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 47
John: It is hard to see anything in that picture. But, yes, it is fairly common for the front edge of the cook box to bow out on these grills. You are very lucky that you got the Honsgo version of grates because they are slightly longer than most of the other SS solid rod grates out there. I have had some where the grates very nearly were falling in off the ledge when using the other grates when the box was bowed out a bit.

If you look down the top edge of the front of the cook box from side to side, you will be able to see the bowing in the cook box.

I have Hongso grates on my grill and they are great! Although I wish I could have forked up the cash for Dave’s grates though

The grates are square. It’s the fire box being slightly warped. Qulimetal told me that they are going to sell the 9mm ones again soon. They already posted their 19.5 inch grates already.

Back