All set for overnight butt smoke.

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
I've got two 7lb butts and everything ready for tonight. Plan on starting at 10pm and going about 16 hours or so. I'll see if the wife can help me download some pictures. The weather is perfect. The only thing I need to figure out is what to drink and listen to!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig C:
The only thing I need to figure out is what to drink and listen to! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are very important decisions. Don't screw up!
icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like a great plan. Drink some Iron City and listen to the Clarks
icon_wink.gif
. You know that you're a closet Steelers fan.

Craig,
I'm all set to do the same. I have 4 8lb pork butts ready to go. I've been wanting to try the "Chris Lilly" injection recipe, so that is on tap for tonight. Weather looks like it will be perfect here in northern Virginia.

-Matt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig C:
The weather is perfect. The only thing I need to figure out is what to drink and listen to! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Weather is great today isn't it. It's 78º here and low humidity. I'm a Sirius 15 guy, and cheap American light swill. Good luck with your cook Craig.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
I'm a Sirius 15 guy, and cheap American light swill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't go wrong with "Outlaw Country" either. Sirius 63.

...and I second the "cheap American light swill"

How did your smoke go Craig? The weather here was perfect and the smoker temps were rock solid stable. Added charcoal at about the 13 hour mark. The largest of the 4 butts took about 18 hours @ 235. The smaller ones were off at about the 14-15 hour mark with plenty of time to pull them before a very tasty lunch..
icon_wink.gif

The "Chris Lilly" recipe turned out pretty good. Early reports from the family were very positive!

Hello Matthew, the smoke went just great! Right at 16 hours. The WSM worked like a machine. I vac sealed and froze some leftovers to take with me to Lake Chautauqua NY this weekend for a camping/fishing trip. Sorry it took so long long to reply, my computer crashed. The wife took some pics, so I'll try to get them posted.

Back