Ahi Poke

Where are you getting wasabi Brett?

I just ran out...
I buy the large tube of SB brand at Ranch 99 or KP in Rancho. I usually buy them 2 at a time so I don’t run out. But we use it often as 3-4 people eat it here. Always check the fresh by date at KP tho. That’s a friendly warning. Ranch 99 is usually better about fresh dates.

Don’t buy the powder. It has no flavor or heat. The SB brand in the tube is nice and hot.

I can check in the morning for correct size. This one at Amazon might be the correct one. Price is decent at $10/2 pack. I think I’ve paid $3.50/4 a single tube locally.

Prepared Wasabi in Tube, Family Size, 3.17 oz (90 g) Plus Bamboo Chopstick (1 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTPGXN5/?tag=tvwb-20

I'm sure it is a tasty meal but there has been no fire added.....I might have to skip this one.
Add enough wasabi and you’ll have “fire in the hole.”

You’ve come so far already. You should try this. It’s a very clean protein and very filling too. Small cubes for you. You’ll love it. Buy a small piece at Costco. Cook one loin and sashimi the other into poke.

I am not against anything and have had a few samples of non cooked fish before. I guess it is me basically having little desire for it.....the MRS on the other hand will not eat it.....we have a very high tier sushi place in town and there is no way she will have anything other than some sort of rice roll....forget the name like California roll or whatever they are called....
She likes red meat and likes it rare.....it's all I could ask for.
She catches me eyeing up the fish when we go..........doesn't say a word........

Poke look great Brett.

Ihave a buddy that has been bringing us fresh Bluefin 2NA for the last couple months.
His secret fishing spot is about 60 miles out near San Clemente Island.;)

Poke look great Brett.

Ihave a buddy that has been bringing us fresh Bluefin 2NA for the last couple months.
His secret fishing spot is about 60 miles out near San Clemente Island.;)
im down for a friend like that <jealous smile>

Back