Ah, life in the Keys!!

I encourage my DD to get out and travel as much as she can while still young and healthy enough to enjoy it. Thank goodness, they do.

I have t admit that we only have been to the Keys one time for a long week vacation. Drove the full length exploring a bit and camped at Key West where we spent most of our time. Absolutely Loved It!

Now a vacation isn't the ideal time to fully enjoy any place, but especially the Keys. I've been wanting to go back ever since and take the time at so many other keys. Still at the top of my bucket list.

Loved the pictures, Joan. Thank you so much.

Yes, great pictures Joan! We’ve always tried to get down every couple of years, usually towards the end of Feb. or early March. We fly into FLL then drive through all the keys and stay in Key West. I like Islamorada and always make it a point to have lunch at The Beach Cafe at Morada Bay. Our “special dinner” is always at Latitudes on Sunset Key, with reservations just before sunset.
Here’s some pics from each.
9056671C-A6AB-4FCE-B145-1A8AD26E8E1E.jpeg
3E59459A-434E-4116-BAAC-D07CB1264072.png
EEDDCCEF-D7BB-4A15-A5F9-7E751411B48B.jpeg
FE93DE25-BD8F-4095-9CA0-9DEA87B65869.png

No. darn it, not me, but DD and family.
Hi! Sorry all. I don't think my Mom realized she would share the entire album. I've made it private now. Next time I'll make a mini-album she can share. I appreciate all of the nice responses to our camping adventures though! We're very fortunate to be able to do more traveling and the Keys are our favorite.

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry all. I don't think my Mom realized she would share the entire album. I've made it private now. Next time I'll make a mini-album she can share. I appreciate all of the nice responses to our camping adventures though! We're very fortunate to be able to do more traveling and the Keys are our favorite.
Oppps, sorry dear, I didn't realize I did that. Thanks for fixing.

It is nice to find out some of our fellow members here enjoy the keys as much as we do. Boy do I miss "Popps" and their fishing dock.

Oppps, sorry dear, I didn't realize I did that. Thanks for fixing.

It is nice to find out some of our fellow members here enjoy the keys as much as we do. Boy do I miss "Popps" and their fishing dock.
Well, thanks to Duane, we still have some "Key's" pictures to look at.

THANK YOU DUANE!!!!!!

My favorite cousin lives on Islamorada.
The wife and I are going there next February or so when we can no longer take the cold weather.

He is the opposite.
He doesn’t want a 90 degree Christmas anymore.

That’s a good time to go! I agree with your cousin, I wouldn’t want to decorate a palm tree for Christmas. I like living where there’s 4 seasons.

That’s a good time to go! I agree with your cousin, I wouldn’t want to decorate a palm tree for Christmas. I like living where there’s 4 seasons.
Wish more people felt like that. The traffic around here is getting soo bad. Boca used to be such a nice quiet little town. Now it is getting to look like and sound like New York. Hugh buildings going up everywhere. Every place you go, there are hours waiting to be taken care of. Calm down Joan :eek:
PS Lived here since I was 8, have had a real Christmas tree every Christmas.

Last edited:
Wish more people felt like that. The traffic around here is getting soo bad. Boca used to be such a nice quiet little town. Now it is getting to look like and sound like New York. Hugh buildings going up everywhere. Every place you go, there are hours waiting to be taken care of. Calm down Joan :eek:
PS Lived here since I was 8, have had a real Christmas tree every Christmas.
Though we visited the Keys, we deliberately bypassed those cities and towns down that stretch of Florida. It was difficult enough getting through to go farther south without handling the traffic you speak of. Nothing particular about that area (Boca has been of interest for year due to the association with IBM (or vice versa) -- considered asking for a transfer at one point in the '80s. It's just a long trip from NC to start. But never say never!

We Floridians are used to "tourist season", but now the "season" is all year long. lol

Back