Aging Meat and Brisket ?

I bought two second cut briskets today. Im planning on smoking them sunday for a sunday night din din.....

Question is is there anyway to make them softer now, such as age-ing them. I know you can age other cuts of meats does it work with brisket and how is it done (kruger)
icon_wink.gif

Ya, i dont know how to do it either way. But when i go to expensive restraunts those ribeyes sure taste good... sooo...

how do you do it and can it be done with brisket and would two days help...

thanks folks

Mords,

Click "Find" above and search on the phrase "aged brisket". You'll find a couple of good threads, including info from Jim Minion.

Regards,
Chris

thanks chris, i always give that advise to others.....i did cha search a lil after i posted, but i had to wattch my kids and was unable to repost to take it back....thanks

i saw jims post.......

thanks a ton...mords

without looking through the posts (and may be the same thing you found), but I remember Jim Minion talking about how he wet-aged the brisket in the cryovac for quite a while. I think a number of weeks or longer.

Obviously, you wanted to smoke in a couple of days... so dry aging, like in Chris' article was the best bet...

Thanks guys for the search words "aged brisket"

Looks like i wet-aged my lil briskets the past few days....ha, how ya like that...well neways.. not sure how much two days of wet aging actually did.....the meat prob stays at the butcher for that amount of time neways..

well.. off to start cooking in a few hours....take care and thanks for tips....

Back