Aftermarket WSM lid hinge

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an aftermarket stainless steel lid hinge that can be installed on the 18.5" WSM. I've never had a problem finding somewhere to put my lid when off the cooker, but if you do, this might be for you. Would be interested in hearing from satisfied customers not connected to the seller.

http://unknownbbq.com/custom-wsm-hinge/

I do like the idea, would also like to see how that translates to a DIY install.

Tim

I might be interested if it was for a 22". I'll bet I can find one somewhere that will work. If I can, I'll post where.

Would work good for me to not have lid off very long when I am doing a comp without help.

Thanks for the link Chris! I wonder if the Weber cover for the WSM will still fit with the hinge installed? I sent them a request for that information and I'll let you know what I find out after they respond. I'll be interested in purchasing if the cover still fits, but not if it doesn't.

Strange, my email for more info on this hinge was returned as undeliverable. Not sure why, but concerns me as far as ordering or paying for something from that website.

While I personally believe the "don't lift the lid' thing is bunk, when I use the bullet, the lid seldom gets lifted, no need to.
For $47 I can deal with finding a spot to sit it down, if need be.
But thanks for the link Chris.

I kind of like the idea as well. But $47 seems a little high. Think I could fabricate one for MUCH less. At least my lid couldn't blow off going down the highway again....

Last edited:
Not being able to remove or rotate the lid seems like an issue. It's a good idea though. $40 seems steep.

Strange, my email for more info on this hinge was returned as undeliverable. Not sure why, but concerns me as far as ordering or paying for something from that website.
Hi Steve, I got your email and for some reason it was sent to my dad's email address. He's a member and I've just visited the site about 1000 times but never joined until now. I haven't tried to see if the cover fits yet because I don't own one. As soon as I find out though I will let you know.

I just posted my pics of the hinge installed on both the 18" and 22" WSM in the other thread.

It works just fine. The cooker does not tip over or 'wander'.

While I personally believe the "don't lift the lid' thing is bunk, when I use the bullet, the lid seldom gets lifted, no need to.
For $47 I can deal with finding a spot to sit it down, if need be.
But thanks for the link Chris.

amen , brother ! Thanks Chris.

I posted this on the other hinge thread too, but I just wanted to let folks know I installed this hinge last week and finally cooked some ribs on the WSM yesterday. The hinge works great. Quick shipping, easy install, and well made. Definitely happy with the purchase. Thanks.

Back