After work chicken and brisket

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
So, this is a cook I did after getting home from work early. It wasn't too much, just a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts, and a well trimmed 1.85lb brisket flat (no fat cap). Except for saucing the chicken and brisket a little late (I didn't give the BBQ sauce enough time to set before the meat was done), it turned out pretty good. Anyways, this is a photo gallery thread, so let's get to the important stuff.

On the grill.

ivm7b.jpg

Chicken's done.

lc8b8.jpg

Brisket's (finally) done.

xqn6.jpg

Sliced, check out that smoke ring.

t7az.jpg

Brisket, cheesy rice and broccoli, and garlic mashed potatoes plated.

ucw8.jpg

Chicken & brisket looks good! How long did you cook the brisket? Nice smoke ring!

I wasn't paying too much attention to the time I started it, I was trying to start the cook and do something else at the same time. I just cooked it until it reached 190 internal.

Brsket looks great! Smoke ring awesome and I can see some moistness too. Great job! I need some cooking details!

I put yellow mustard on, then the rub, which is:

8 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay
1/2 teaspoon thyme

Sauced it with Stubbs Honey Pecan barbecue sauce (too late, didn't give it enough time to set), and cooked it until it hit 190 degrees internal.

Beautiful looking cook !
I saved your rub recipe....looks great.

Side note...
I love the smell of the Northeast Woods in spring/summer.
Reminds me of my yoot.

Beautiful looking cook !
I saved your rub recipe....looks great.

Side note...
I love the smell of the Northeast Woods in spring/summer.
Reminds me of my yoot.

It's not really my recipe, it's one I found online (I can't remember where, though). It's the only one I've ever used when cooking brisket, and my friends and I enjoy the flavor.

Back