Advance Prepping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Polke

TVWBB Member
I'm having a gang of folks over this weekend and I'm making a few butts for pig sandwiches. I would like to Q the meat a day in advance so I can maximize time with my guests. Can I do this? Will the meat be dry if made in advance? Any suggestions?

No problem. Just barbecue the meat, pull it as usual, let cool and store in air-tight containers, Ziploc bags, foil-covered pan, etc.

Reheat slowly at low temp in the oven in a foil-covered baking dish, foil pan, etc., spritz with a little apple juice if you feel you need to add a little moisture, and it will be great! Pork refrigerates, freezes, and reheats very well.

Regards,
Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 06-22-2001).]

I've tried microwaving at 25 and 50% power as suggested in previous posts, but the pork tastes odd to me. My current method is to reheat pulled pork in a crock pot at low temp, stirring often. It takes about 30-45 minutes, but well worth it to me!

A frying pan also works well for re-heating pork and brisket. In fact I prefer it this way. No need to add any oil. I fry it until it is a little brown and then hold in crockpot until time to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back