Addition to the family and burger with dogs

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
This morning woke up to a craigslist link from a friend to a random best of posting. Triggered me to think, "i wonder if there are any good performers for sale here, i could use one." 5 minutes later and a few phone calls I was on my way to pick up a great condition performer with gas start, tons of accessories, 3 full tanks, and a full bag of natrual hardwood lump charcoal for 125. When I got there, the guy seemed so sad to be selling it but his new place didn't have a deck for it. Here it is back at my place:

IMG_20140111_110244.jpg

This joins up now with my skyline 3200 series (also got off CL the other week to replace my old redhead which was falling apart for 35$) and my WSM 18". So far loving it, the gas assist is great~

First up was a quick lunch for the girlfriends family which was some burgers, hot dogs, and stuffed quahogs. This is one of my first times doing burgers on charcoal and they turned about amazing, the doneness and color was perfect for my tastes. Only have a finished photo:

IMG_20140111_155529.jpg

Monday have lamb and beef kebabs and some ribeyes for Wednesday.

Daum

...the guy seemed so sad to be selling it but his new place didn't have a deck for it...

Excellent find, Daum!! Did you tell the guy to not be sad because his it was going to a loving home that would give it tender, loving care? :D

I love the finished pic, too. I've never been to the northeast coast, and have never had quahogs before, but someday I will take a trip there to try some.

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Back