Add me to the Performer family!

Felix N.

TVWBB Member
I have not been able to post this but after searching INTENSELY for a few weeks my work paid off and I was able to score Performer for only $20! That was the good news, the bad news is that there was only one pic on the ad and it was going to be an hour drive just to go ck it out. I saw the ad around 8pm at night and immediately contacted the buyer and told him I would be there to pick it up at 8:30am of the next day. When I get there the first thing I noticed was that u can tell this grill had been outside in the elements for a long time. The table had a crack, and mildew. The basket underneath had started to rust, and since the grill had NO LID the inside was filled with dirt and grass was starting to grow! I also noticed that it was a deluxe with a gas igniter...well finally something positive. I took it home and started working on it...here is the pic as posted in CL...

After disassembling I started giving it a deep cleaning....
After some elbow grease I started making progress in the bowl...

Then I sanded the rust in the basket and frame and proceeded to use rust converter and followed that with high heat paint...

Since the table was broken and I also needed a new lid I decided to call weber to check if the table was still under warranty and to my surprised it did! I then ordered a new lid for it and just waited for the items to arrive....here is the table...

And here it is installed...

Then....bad news. Weber sent me a lid but it was NOT a grass green lid as I had ordered. After a long conversation they said that the only color they had was the darker color green and what they would do was that they were going to send me the matching bowl free! I'm not going to lie I much liked the grass green color but I figure my grill was going to be pretty much NEW so I'm pretty happy with it. I put everything back, placed a new bottle of propane and it just started right away! Im pretty happy with it and really Weber service is second to none...here is the finished project.

And next to my 2003 Gold B...

Heckuva story! Glad everything worked out the way it did. Enjoy that grill. You earned it!

Congratulations on the awesome find!

Weber customer service is the best.

How much were the replacement lid and table? I have a plastic table that is cracked and will probably need to replace it at some point. Did they give you any trouble for requesting the newer metal working table?

Michael L since my table was under warranty they sent it for free but I believe they have come down a bit, I would say in the neighborhood of $50 if u buy from Weber. I never worked in that thermo table but to me there is NO comparison both on looks and quality, it's awesome! The lid they gave me a discount (I asked if they could) and I ended up paying $43.00 including shipping.

Beautiful grill and great customer service again. Welcome to the Performer family. You are going to love that grill.

Congrats on a great Performer. You are going to love that grill. You obviosly worked very hard to rehab it and it will last for many years. Weber CS is great. I have the same color as your original and if I could get it changed to your new color I might do it. I really like that deeper green.

Great story and you now have a great grill. Excellent clean up and refurb. Weber CS is the best.

That is one sweet performer now! Great work....I have a Green DR Performer that we call Doctor Green.

Back