A slow cooked pork shoulder and a quickly cooked Tri-Trip

Two great looking dishes. I'm sorry the tri was a bit too spicy for you. I personally like heat but the family is definitely not in agreement.

They both look really good.

For tri-tip, I most often use a Santa Maria style rub: salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley. Once in a while, some red pepper flakes.

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. When it comes to rubs there are so very many but there's one I really like for Tri-Tip it's called Santa Maria Grill Seasoning made by Oakridge BBQ. It's not to salty, beefy tasting, and is just plain good. Look them up at www.Oakridgebbq.com
Good luck and good cooking.
Bill

Both look great, nice cooks. I've found that SPOG (Salt, Pepper, Onion powder, Garlic powder) works really well on TT

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. When it comes to rubs there are so very many but there's one I really like for Tri-Tip it's called Santa Maria Grill Seasoning made by Oakridge BBQ. It's not to salty, beefy tasting, and is just plain good. Look them up at www.Oakridgebbq.com
Good luck and good cooking.
Bill
I think for my next tri-tip I will definitely go with some variation of Santa Maria seasoning.

Back