A rare one

Ed L

TVWBB Fan
BDD2A763-2C21-480C-BC60-664F563F52E5.jpeg

I picked this up about 7 years in San Jose. It was a wreck. I was surprised that the glass doors were still with and in good shape.

It’s been in the garage for the past 3 years. I figured since I’m refinishing the deck it was time to get it back out and use it!

Never saw that porcelain side shelf before. What color is that lid? Is that the "Mauve" color or is it Pink?

Oh man thats sweet. Thats awesome!
Someone please explain as to why there is no more craftsmanship like this, with this type material, at this level anymore ?

Last edited:
That hood is called platinum IIRC. I had one of them. I could not get rid of it to save my life and ended up throwing it away

Larry, I have one, it is on a regular 1000 (not sure it came that way), but it's rarity has to be worth more than zero.

Those glass cabinet doors remind me of the stereo rack I and half my dorm had in college in the 80's. I remember the glass door breaking when moving out of the dorm. My first experience with tempered glass. Thankfully, rather than sharp slivers it turned into a bunch of "diamonds!"

I think it would be extremely tough to cut the lid without shattering the porcelain coating.

I just picked this one up last month. Same color scheme. Wood slats are a different color. Looks like a "driftwood" color. Anybody have any ideas on a stain color to use to refinish? Would like to keep it original.

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpg
    IMG_4260.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 18

Back