A Little Thanksgiving Practice

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Today I saw boneless turkey thighs for a good price at the supermarket, and since I was craving something different than the usual beef/chicken/pork/fish, I decided to give them a try. Overall, they came out pretty good, with the exterior meat tasting slightly smoky from the charcoal and the interior having nice natural turkey flavor.

The thighs were seasoned with salt & pepper plus the usual Thanksgiving spices of thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. For uniform cooking, I decided to make the thighs into roulades using some butcher twine. Cooked on the Performer at 350°F with lump charcoal and no smoke wood. Took them off the grill after reaching an internal temperature of about 165°F.

A couple photos before and after slicing...

And finally, plated with broccoli and stuffing. Thanks for checking out the photos!

Those turkey thighs look great! I saw some on sale the other day and passed over them. Maybe next time I'll have to give them a try.

Nice colors there- --- I've been reviewing the turkey forum......mostly Larry R's Jack & Maple brine so far

Those look great, never seen boneless turkey thighs here I'll have to be more observant.

That was an awesome cook they look so delicious and the sides sent it over the top. Great start towards Thanksgiving.

Looks great, have never seen boneless turkey thighs either. Will have to watch for them.

Gobble Gobble! Just around the corner. Those thighs look outstanding and are a great prelude to the Holiday Season. Another nice job Jerome.

Man if that's practice, Thanksgiving is going to be insane at Jerome's place. Excellent!!!

Nice Technique Jerome. I have never seen boneless turkey thighs but I'll be on the lookout for the now.

Regards,

John

Back