A Grilling Confession

Looks like a good meal to me....i am a big fan of just salt & pepper on my steaks and 99% of the time that is all i use. Just like you said, it let's the meat be the star of the dish and not the seasonings.

Haha. I love this post. Although, as someone that runs a hotel, if I ever saw a guest lighting up some charcoal outside his room I would be a little more than concerned! But that's because most guests seem to try and make a giant mess of everything! Haha. awesome job on that steak!

Haha. I love this post. Although, as someone that runs a hotel, if I ever saw a guest lighting up some charcoal outside his room I would be a little more than concerned! But that's because most guests seem to try and make a giant mess of everything! Haha. awesome job on that steak!

Although I dont run a hotel, Im with you. Ive been to a few resorts that had communal grills (many were nasty but others were super clean) but bringing a SJ to a hotel just seems out of place to me.

This summer we went to a park I went to the website and others to make sure grilling was ok there were a bunch of rules that we followed completely and when we left we looked for the coal disposal can. There was none, and we had essentially violated the rules. There was a camp site right next to it that we had to beg them to take the coals. They appreciated our preparation but did not hesitate to tell us that had someone complained, someone was going home with a fine.

And although not directly comparable this makes me think of the car-b-que and a propane torch.

Last edited:
I went to the website and others to make sure grilling was ok there were a bunch of rules that we followed completely and when we left we looked for the coal disposal can. There was none, and we had essentially violated the rules.

Does not compute.

Back