A bit healthier tonight...... (Pasta/Shrooms/Chicken)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Last night was beef ribs, so needed to lighten it up a bit tonight.

Started by making some Taglioni (used some tomato paste for the color)......

1634007920604.jpeg

Roasted some cauliflower.....

1634007938033.jpeg

Grilled some chicken (after sous vide @ 140 for 2 hours)......

1634007959813.jpeg

Combined the pasta with some sauteed mushrooms (made a "sauce" with some pasta water and parmesan)......

1634007993614.jpeg

Then got it all on a plate and ate it!!!!

1634008009946.jpeg

I absolutely love making (and eating) fresh pasta, and this one was a winner! Relatively light, super fresh, and delicious.

Grill on!

R

You are quite the cook. Looks really good. I made chicken soup tonight, but will eat it tomorrow, and long time after as I made a lot.
Well, dang, Joe, you made my night! :) Thanks for the compliment......owe it all to my mom's love of cooking and helping her in the kitchen as a kid!

.....soup is always better tomorrow....and the next day, etc! :)

R

Beautiful pasta dude!! Totally put together final plate.
Thanks, Grant, was hoping this might catch your attention! 200g 00 flour, 1 egg, 1 yolk, and enough tomato paste to get the liquid up to 115g. Dough was perfect (was actually disappointed I didn't have some ravioli filling....would have been ideal.) Love the color.....did a basil one last week which turned out well, too.

R

Looks amazing with the mushrooms and everything in it, the pasta water probably was the next level of making everything come together.
5 stars!

Shamelessly stealing this for my next pasta run!
Freely offered, my friend! :) You may need to adjust with some extra flour, or oil/water depending on how much your version of 00 absorbs they hydration......based on what you've posted, you've made enough pasta so you know what the dough should feel like. I enjoyed the color on this one turning from a pale pink when fresh, to almost orange when cooked.

R

Back