7mm Stainless Steel grates

Chris,
Sounds like you made a cost effective choice that will work great for you. I have to admit that using a set of "rcplanebuyer" +9mm grates with tight spacing has kind of spoiled me, but I think you will do just fine.

IMG_1784.jpeg

Below, these write-ups were mainly from an extensive review I did about 4 years ago. Dave Santana now has to charge pretty much double the price shown. He doesn't even advertise that he makes them, although I believe he will if you ask are willing to pay that much.

The viable choices for thick grates other than Dave's has pretty much come down to BBQParts.com and the Qlimetal 9MM you considered. See further below.

Stainless Steel Showdown RCPLANEBUYER Grates2_Page_07.jpg

BBQParts.com - a VERY GOOD COMPANY. Grates are MADE IN USA. Haven't looked to see the current price:

Stainless Steel Showdown BBQPARTS Grates2_Page_06.jpg

Qlimetal. Prices change from time to time on Amazon. Although an Asian import, I have a lot of respect for Qlimetal as they seem to go above in finish and packaging compared to the many import alternatives. I have purchased a number of products from Qlimetal including grates, burners and flavorizer bars, and they have all been very good. In fact, their flavorizer bars are very close to the quality of Dave Santana's.

Stainless Steel Showdown Grates - Qlimetal 9mm_Page_1.png

I just replaced my chipped porcelain grates from my spirit e220.

QuliMetal 7637 17.5" Cooking Grates for Weber Spirit 200 and Spirit II 200 Series Gas Grills, Spirit E210 S210 E220 S220 (2013-Newer) with Front Control Knobs, 304 Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q83HYZ4/?tag=tvwb-20

Cost about $45 for the grates.

Attachments

• 20230511_142956.jpg
    20230511_142956.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 12
Chris,
Sounds like you made a cost effective choice that will work great for you. I have to admit that using a set of "rcplanebuyer" +9mm grates with tight spacing has kind of spoiled me, but I think you will do just fine.

View attachment 70431

Below, these write-ups were mainly from an extensive review I did about 4 years ago. Dave Santana now has to charge pretty much double the price shown. He doesn't even advertise that he makes them, although I believe he will if you ask are willing to pay that much.

The viable choices for thick grates other than Dave's has pretty much come down to BBQParts.com and the Qlimetal 9MM you considered. See further below.

View attachment 70428

BBQParts.com - a VERY GOOD COMPANY. Grates are MADE IN USA. Haven't looked to see the current price:

View attachment 70429

Qlimetal. Prices change from time to time on Amazon. Although an Asian import, I have a lot of respect for Qlimetal as they seem to go above in finish and packaging compared to the many import alternatives. I have purchased a number of products from Qlimetal including grates, burners and flavorizer bars, and they have all been very good. In fact, their flavorizer bars are very close to the quality of Dave Santana's.

View attachment 70430
Last I checked, Dave was not making the grates because of supply issues. That was probably some time last year though. Has he started back up making them?

I haven't heard anything about him starting up with grates again. I don't think the supply issues/cost of materials has changed enough for him to get back to them though.

When I spoke to him, he said he was not advertising or promoting them but would still make them if someone was willing to pay the very high cost - somewhere north of $250.

When I spoke to him, he said he was not advertising or promoting them but would still make them if someone was willing to pay the very high cost - somewhere north of $250.

ummm, wow....uhhh yeah, I will have to think about it at that price....

(tiptoes slowly backward toward the door and quietly leaves the room)

Thanks Bruce! I picked up a set of those $38 grates for my cousin and he likes them over the stock grates that came with his grill. He has a Spirit II E-310 and it's a perfect fit. Grates look well made for being made in China and can't beat the price.

Back