7 racks on the first smoke

Will Kronk

So I got my 22.5" WSM last week after debating on it for the past month and a half.

I ended up smoking 7 racks of ribs for about 6-6 1/2 hours. I invited quite a few people over and the whole time I was worried about two things; having enough or having no one show up. (un?)fortunately there were only 4 of us there so I've been eating ribs since Sunday.

Next try is probably going to be two beer can chickens for memorial day weekend since I still have a ton of ribs and spare cutlets to make pulled pork.

Will, welcome to the forum!
Seven racks for your 1st smoke is pretty amazing, my neighbors are always watching my cooks... and they love ribs
icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your stay
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Get yourself a vacuum sealer, Will. Ribs freeze well and are almost as tasty as when they come off the pit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Will, welcome to the forum!
Seven racks for your 1st smoke is pretty amazing, my neighbors are always watching my cooks... and they love ribs
icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your stay
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been using a 22" Weber kettle grill to smoke before I got the WSM, so I have plenty of experience cussing a BBQ for either being too hot, too cold, etc...

The WSM made it a breeze after coming from the grill.

Back