7 Dollar 1000 for parts and other questions - keep alive for the winter.

I like the three color looks choose your time and year and switch them out. Not so easy finding porcelain lids around here other than black which I am 0 for 2 on with fade. Will keep looking though and Stefan done a fair amount of research on it seems it could be done but it would strictly be a hey bored in the winter project not in any hurry.

The colored ones are also very rare here. It is mostly black and SS. Whenever I see one and the price is right I grab it.

So as Larry had stated it is no easy way to sand that porcelain lid down to even paint it. It just laughed at my orbital sander with 60 grit so another lid in the trash.

Thank you for the update!

Related, old genesis grill are becoming very, very rare around here. I really don't have the option to "just pick up a donor grill" anymore. I'm so happy I even have mine!

So as Larry had stated it is no easy way to sand that porcelain lid down to even paint it. It just laughed at my orbital sander with 60 grit so another lid in the trash.

Don’t give up, Brian, I am still in the hunt for a REAL classic blue hood for you!

Back