7 Bone Steak und Spaetzle

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
I picked up a 7 bone steak on Friday an' I'm thinkin' I can't wait to get this puppy on the grill. Fortunately, I did a little research on the inter-web: no grilling, yes braising. Think pot roast. OK, time to pull out the Dutch oven, and we're off.

Rubbed and resting

I had to cut it up, it wouldn't fit in the DO otherwise. A quick sear on the Genny

and into the pot she goes. That's on top of sauteed onion, Jalapeno, garlic and parsley. The mushrooms went in w/ the broth and the beef

Here's the set-up

After about an hour and a half, the rest of the veggies (parsnip, rutabaga, carrot and leaf celery) go in

About another hour later

And dished up w/ some Spaetzle Cindy found in the freezer. We are in a food group that meets a couple of times a year, the Spaetzle was left over from German night.

Not the prettiest plate I've ever presented, but ask me how it tasted: Absolutely Delicious! I added briquettes twice, it was a little windy last night. We take a DO with us whenever we go camping, it was fun to bring her out a little early. Thanks for stoppin' by.

Very nice! Never had that cut of beef, but you certainly found a way to rock it. Did I say nice??

ask me how it tasted
No need to, anyone can see from THIS ▼ photo

8689500594_7858371f0a.jpg

EXCELLENT Brian!
think i have the same DO you used here....

I love Dutch Oven cooking! Looks super Brian!! If I didn't have so many leftovers in the fridge I might be doing this today!

Very tasty comfort food I bet!!

That is first time that I have heard of 7 bone steak. Dutch oven is a great way to cook too.
I would probably try grilled and foiled to see how it would work. If I can find one.

That's a great looking meal for sure. What kind of pan are you using with the charcoal that's a pretty good idea to set the dutch oven in ..... ????

Adam: it sure seemed to me more flavorful. I made PSB a week or two ago, this tasted better than that one did.

Jim: it's a Stansport.

Dave: It's some cheapo enameled steel baking pan I got at a yard sale. I like that it had sides, what with the wind 'n all. I also raised it some so the concrete wouldn't suck the heat from the bottom Briquettes.

Thanks all for the kind remarks.

Back