500F degree paint enough for CharQ?

Sometimes you can get by with just some "spot spraying" touch up of black paint on the bottom without having to do a complete disassembly and all that goes with it.

I so wish the 500 degree paint would work, because there are so many cool colors. I did one for my sister in a teal color. I primed it first with ultra-high heat primer and then covered the paint with ultra-high heat clear coat. Not saying that will solve the problem completely, but so far I guess it is holding up. Even the factor powder coat finish eventually starts bubbling and pealing off, especially around the side vents.

Jon I would not so much concerned about the gas Q but I think the charcoal version can get a lot hotter depending on the amount of coal.

Stefan,
Yeah, I agree. Thankfully, the color scheme I have in mind for my CharQ (red and black) are easy enough to do with caliper or other ultra high heat paints. On the gas Qs I really want to have fun and do interesting colors like yellow, teal, light green, baby blue and who knows what! A lot of possibilities in the 500 degree paint but not nearly so many in the ultra high heat - at least that I have seen.

I want to spend some time learning about setting up to do powder coating. Need to understand more about high heat and how you do colors. Apparently the color choices are almost unlimited. Sand blasting may be out of reach, but maybe powder coating in my own shop is not???

LOL, Jon, I gotta visit your new He Shed in about 2 or 3 years. I can't wait to see what you have going on in there.

Back