$5 Genesis Silver A

All I have ever seen in the newer hood like you posted is black, green and your blue. I kind of think the older Spirit with the more angular hood was also only available in those colors, but going way back there probably was a redhead. And, of course, there is the two-burner Skyline, a favorite of mine!

Two Burner Skyline.jpg

What happened to the drip pan on that baby?
That was the photo posted by the seller. Actually, they had done a pretty nice job of cleaning it. One of the least dirty grills I have picked up. I will post about that project after October 15 tax deadline and when my shed is finished!

Looks like a handle (and an igniter cover) need to be brought to our Upper Midwest Meet next week for an anticipated demo of dyeing plastic.

@Jon Tofte , Yes, I hope to dye the igniter but I do not know about the handle. I do not think I have a pan big enough. We do have a Huge Tamale Pan but I do not know if I would be allowed to use that.

Last edited:
All I have ever seen in the newer hood like you posted is black, green and your blue. I kind of think the older Spirit with the more angular hood was also only available in those colors, but going way back there probably was a redhead. And, of course, there is the two-burner Skyline, a favorite of mine!

View attachment 16018
Hi Jon , with me being a newbie , how is this grill different from a Genesis Silver A ? I see and different side tray and handle and graphics on the hood . Are the grills and burners the same as a Silver A ?

I used a SS steam table pan. I had to dye one end and then the other end. It was not long enough to get the whole handle in at once.

Back