40th Anniversary WSM Commemorative Pin

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_2180-resized.jpg

2021 marks the 40th anniversary of the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker! I have a couple of things planned to mark the occasion, and one of them is this 40th Anniversary WSM Commemorative Pin.

This antique bronze finish metal pin features the 22.5" WSM in relief--the surface of the cooker curves right out of the pin! It's engraved with "Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker", "40 Years - 1981-2021", and "Virtual Weber Bullet". The pin measures 1.375" wide x 1" high and has two clasps on the back so it will not spin on your cap, jacket, or wherever you display it.

Supply is limited to 150 pins. How do you get one? Just make a $10 or greater donation to TVWB and I'll send you one as a thank you gift.

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=9JX5WCDWKMY5L
Venmo:
Code:
@Chris-Allingham-1

Don't forget to include your mailing address!

For shipping outside the US, please contact me for a shipping quote before making a donation.

Last edited:
Can I attach this pin to the smoker itself? Or is this something better worn on a shirt or hat?

Can I attach this pin to the smoker itself? Or is this something better worn on a shirt or hat?
This pin is intended for use on a baseball cap, hat, jacket lapel, backpack, etc. I've given no thought to attaching it to the smoker, how it could be done, or whether it would withstand the high heat of the smoker.

Love the design, just donated.
also, I bet we can come up with a solution to mount it to the smoker.... maybe handle or use something For backing to insulate it?

Donated.

I think I'll keep it in my physical birthday card and such album.

If someone can figure out some easy way to mount it near the smoker, and keep it from looking too charred after using the smoker, great.

If not, I think my album is the best spot for it.

Maybe one more place would be my magnet board.

I have a small round magnet. Can I stick this onto a magnet, then the magnet onto my magnet board? Is this pin magnetic?

So I know a bunch of these have been delivered because I can see that on the USPS tracking. But I'm wondering if someone can confirm that they are arriving in good shape? I've packaged them in a way that they should arrive intact, but still...

This is what the 1981 WSM looked like:

Can anyone find a sales ad in some form, of the 2021 WSM?

The website has the product itself.

Wanted to see if I could find some kind of ad, even a digital banner ad, to see what their sales pitch would be like now.

Ok, here's something:

"Low-and-Slow
Is The Way To Go

Wake up and light the smoker, because succulent pulled pork and fall-off-the-bone ribs come to those who wait."

Just wanted to bump this...I have shipped about 100 pins and have about 50 left...if you're interested, a $10 donation or more to the forum will get you one.

See the top of this thread for details:

Back