4.5# pork tenderloins in 5% saltwater brine

Sounds like a good plan!
You sure do enjoy rice don't you.
if comparing to potatoes and pasta, yes,

thinking of doing this with some sort of mein, or grilled zukes.

it's a bit hot here to even cook. i can do the loins outside with little effort. thankfully the weather is about to cool down some. i have rack of lamb for Sat night dinner company. still figuring out the sides for that. thinking a yukon gold mased pots with a mushroom gravy.

I am not but have been considering it a lot more lately......especially after every single one of Brett's cooks.
Looks great.....I assume rice was part of the final plate.

I am not but have been considering it a lot more lately......especially after every single one of Brett's cooks.
Looks great.....I assume rice was part of the final plate.
Of course I made some white basmati rice for this. It carries the sauce and adds more flavor to each bite.

The bbq sauce for the tenderloins was:
Hoisin sauce
Oyster sauce
Brown sugar
Granulated garlic
Red pepper flakes
Black pepper
White pepper
Ground dried ginger
Ground mustard powder
Five spice powder
Neutral oil
Dry sherry

After you mix the sauce and coat the lions, I basted the loins after they were seared.

Then I put the leftover sauce into a saucepan, added water and honey and brought to a boil and then simmered the sauce to kill any pathogens from the raw pork.

When cooked, I then basted the lions which were at 140°F. And served the sauce with the meal.

Wife and I ate around two lions last night and the rest is for lunch and leftovers for today/tomorrow. These do make great tacos and burritos too. Just add some chopped cilantro and some hoisin to your taco or burrito shell.

Last edited:
Cook time was around 28 minutes (it took me a few minutes to set up the BlueDOT which is a fun and simple BT thermometer to use).

1692381697617.png

Sauce looks delicious!
you'd hit a home run with this sauce. you have the skills to build this recipe with just the ingredients listed. i will have to measure next time to make it replicable for others to use and enjoy. the sauce goes well on salmon, ribs and chicken too. maybe beef skewers too, but i've never put it on beef.

Back