3x rotisserie chickens

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
It's been a while since a post here, been grilling plenty but been forgetting to take pictures.

Anyways, late last week I decided I wanted to do rotisserie chickens again for a second time. Somehow we managed to turn in one chicken for Kate and I into a 14 person party with 3 chickens. I learned that 3 is definitely the max number you can fit on a single rotisserie. Overall the chicken was great. We had some great sides of corn bread, pasta salad, and coleslaw however I didn't get a chance to snap some pictures of those. For dessert we had blueberry cobbler which was delicious.

This time I didn't brine the chickens...was a mix of being lazy and not having any space for 3 chickens in the fridge. I think they still came out incredibly well and very juicy. The skin was great and everyone really liked them.

Kate's parents swung by on their way home so I had her and her mom truss the birds.
IMG_20140806_182216.jpg

We did 3 different styles. Left was salt, pepper, and rosemary. Center was beer can chicken rub: salt, pepper, paprika, and brown sugar. Right was something called Backyard which was a random spice mix I had from a present. Had garlic, lemon, some herbs, salt and pepper.

Midway or so in the cook. As you can see they barely fit inside, at one point they did knock the lid off.

IMG_20140806_192643.jpg

Post cook:
IMG_20140806_202357.jpg

Overall very very good. I think next time I will add some extra charcoal at the very end to get the temps up above 400 to crisp up the skin even more.

until next time,
Daum

Very nice looking chickens!!! I didn't think 3 birds would fit on the rotisserie, great job!!!

Great looking chucks buddy, love the roti!! i have done two on the spit and two beer cans underneath in the drip pan..good idea if the beer cans are smaller chickens! great cook Daum!

Wow Daum - that was a tight fit. I can barely get two birds on my roti. Great results though. Which preparation did you prefer?

Regards,

John

John -

As far as brine vs no brine on these, I couldn't tell much of a difference at all in terms of how juicy they were. Depending on what is in your brine, you could lose some flavor there.

For these the beer can and rosemary were peoples favorites. The rosemary one was really simple, but definitely had some strong flavors. However, overall all of them were really good. Will definitely be playing around with these more.

Daum

Back