3 days, 2,941 miles, 1 Sequoia

TimA

TVWBB All-Star
Last Friday, the GF and I headed out to Indiana to pick up my first vintage grill, an Avocado ‘69 or ‘70 Sequoia. Pretty much everyone thought I was crazy, including myself there for a bit. But got her home and she’s awaiting her first cook from me. Think she’s a keeper.
02856424-345F-4F1E-836B-02E59ACAECB0.jpeg
B359BD22-F10D-4678-A50E-1F354D3D6566.jpeg
E91BC4BF-48D0-4588-AA48-E7903A34461C.jpeg

2,941 in three days is an amazing piece of driving
Yeah, about that...

I drove straight through, left here at 9-9:30 Friday, arrived there 9:30. Of course that’s across two time zones from Mountain to Eastern. I was getting grumpy about 6 am in Illinois 🤣

Grabbed the grill, had lunch at the Weber Grill, drove by the speedway and hauled. 36 hours no sleep, only to have the gf complain about being tired while she slept the entire way! Another day would have made it much better.

That’s a great find! Good for you! I don’t drive like that anymore, I get too cranky!
Last long run project was a 22 hour drive to help a friend out when he was picking up a new sled dog! The aroma was “interesting” by the time we got back.

Did you know the seller or was it like a craigslist find?
There are a lot of kettle collectors in the upper Midwest and they would of nabbed that quick.;)

Did you know the seller or was it like a craigslist find?
There are a lot of kettle collectors in the upper Midwest and they would of nabbed that quick.;)
Nope had never met him until I got there haha. Was a bit nervous being as there’s so many shady characters online these days but it was butter smooth. Good guy.

Tim, I think the Sequoia and the GF are keepers! Most significant others would just say you are nuts. I think it is worth every mile and I hope you enjoy it for many years. Great unicorn find.

Tim, I think the Sequoia and the GF are keepers! Most significant others would just say you are nuts. I think it is worth every mile and I hope you enjoy it for many years. Great unicorn find.
Thanks Richard. Yeah....she’s a keeper. Supports my car and grill addiction without flinching. Heck, she even bought me a car and grill, both of which I eyed for months and made excuses not to get haha.

That’s a great find! Good for you! I don’t drive like that anymore, I get too cranky!
Last long run project was a 22 hour drive to help a friend out when he was picking up a new sled dog! The aroma was “interesting” by the time we got back.
Heck I now get cranky just driving to Walmart which is 3.5 miles away. So far the car Barb assigned to me that stays home with me (she stole my 4Runner for her work car) I've put a whopping 320 miles on it this year so far.

Heck I now get cranky just driving to Walmart which is 3.5 miles away. So far the car Barb assigned to me that stays home with me (she stole my 4Runner for her work car) I've put a whopping 320 miles on it this year so far.
I'm with you Rich. I swear I get a headache just leaving my driveway anymore.

Excellent score man! Also, really digging the vintage VW in the back :)
Thanks man. It’s a ‘73, my mom and dad bought it back in college and mom still has it...well until I got it. Trying to get it on the road again, hasn’t been driven since ‘92.

My dad traded his ‘69 Roadrunner in on it.

Back