3 days, 2,941 miles, 1 Sequoia

How many MPG does your truck get? Sometimes if you want something bad enough, the long ride
doesn't really matter!

Excellent score man! Also, really digging the vintage VW in the back :)
Thanks man. It’s a ‘73, my mom and dad bought it back in college and mom still has it...well until I got it. Trying to get it on the road again, hasn’t been driven since ‘92.

My dad traded his ‘69 Roadrunner in on it.
Oh, man...I'm sure he had good reasons for doing so...but DANG!!

Cool trip! Too bad you couldn't have added a couple more days to be able to work in some touristy stuff...and maybe a little sleep, too. ;)

Love that color. My first refrigerator was that color and lasted 40 years. I miss the quality of the past.

How many MPG does your truck get? Sometimes if you want something bad enough, the long ride
doesn't really matter!
Agreed. Minus I80 (frustrating to say the least) the trip was great. Saw new parts of the country, didn’t realize Iowa and Indiana had so many trees.

I was going to take one of my Cummins trucks, but my dad offered up his 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi so I jumped. Planned to hand calc but between getting grumpy on 80 and some receipts not printing, it didn’t happen. Think the truck said around 18 or so, which for a full size truck with a V8 (that sounds AWESOME when the skinny goes down, all stock) and 80-85 and occasionally higher.....not bad

Oh, man...I'm sure he had good reasons for doing so...but DANG!!

Cool trip! Too bad you couldn't have added a couple more days to be able to work in some touristy stuff...and maybe a little sleep, too. ;)
Fuel mileage. They were delivering newspapers and burning more gas with the 383/4 speed than they made. I guess a week or so later, some college kid wrapped it around a tree.

We would do it again 100%, but allow much more time. Indianapolis is one of the easier cities to get around in from what I saw, never ran into a bunch of traffic. My criteria is Denver, which is AWFUL with traffic.

Love that color. My first refrigerator was that color and lasted 40 years. I miss the quality of the past.
Same. I’m fairly young (38) so missed a lot of the real good quality stuff, but it’s still out there, generally still working too haha. I can tell a difference in quality just in my lifetime and find myself gravitating more toward older stuff

Back