$3.99 Ribeyes and a Would You Rather Question

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Simple post ribeyes on the grill and a short video of them sizzling on the grill. Seasined with Montreal steak seasoning.

I do have a would ya rather question for you guys and gals though. I have to work tonight and we have a gas grill at work so I'm gonna cook my steak at work.
So my question is "would you rather eat a steak cooked on a charcoal grill and have it a few hours later as a leftover or would you rather cook it on a gas grill and have it fresh off the grill after a short rest?"

Blurry ribeyes on the grill

15 sec video, nothing groundbreaking

The hell with your question John, my question is where did you find $3.99 ribeyes!

My vote is for fresh off the (gasp) gas grill.

Second post with $3.99 steak and I believe they are both from San Diego. I do not recall seeing beef that cheap. I would love to load up. Gas is good.

Second post with $3.99 steak and I believe they are both from San Diego. I do not recall seeing beef that cheap. I would love to load up. Gas is good.

Andy Ly posted some yesterday and he was the one that told me where to find them. Vine Ripe by the Grossmont Costco is where you will find them if you are in the San Diego area. There is veal on sale too for $3.99 too but I think you need a coupon for them. Coupon is located on their website.

Yes Nick I am working graves this weekend.

I cooked up some ribeyes last Sunday on a friend's 310 and was really amazed at how great they were. Changed my mind completely on gas grills. I'm certain I'll get one soon...

So; I'd vote for fresh of the gasser too.

John; do you switch often from day to night work? My niece is a nurse working the graveyard shift and she's a zombie half the time.

Nice cook John, and personally I would take them fresh of my Genesis. I love my Genesis. I love my OTG, and I love my WSM. Great meals come off all of them.

I cooked up some ribeyes last Sunday on a friend's 310 and was really amazed at how great they were. Changed my mind completely on gas grills. I'm certain I'll get one soon...

So; I'd vote for fresh of the gasser too.

John; do you switch often from day to night work? My niece is a nurse working the graveyard shift and she's a zombie half the time.

I work a rotating schedule. I work weekend days, weekend nights, days during the week, and nights during the week depending on what part of the schedule we are at. Its not as bad as it sounds most of the time. My sleep schedule gets out of whack sometimes. I do get a lot of time off but a lot of it is during the week.

Is that an Instagram video?
I want a fresh steak rested...
But a charcoal steak after a week in a vacuum seal bag is good also.

fresh of course! all of the components that make a steak juicy/flavorful are only in play while it's fresh. no contest there. if you want to create dissention, try some variation of gas'v'charcoal combined with initial'v'reverse sear.

I'd say gas grill, bring along a wood chip smoker box and you'll still have a great meal :)

How did they turn out?

I cant wait to grill the rest of my rib eyes this weekend.

Last edited:
I'd say gas grill, bring along a wood chip smoker box and you'll still have a great meal :)

How did they turn out?

I cant wait to grill the rest of my rib eyes this weekend.

I've had better but you can't beat them price wise!!! I'm an idiot I never thought to add some wood chips!

I don't know.... I've taken leftover chuck eye steaks to work for lunch and zapped'em in the microwave for under a minute and they were pretty dangGood... ya know, flip a coin.....

Too late now, but after seeing Mikes post, I would have grilled the ribeyes over charcoal before work, and then
made steak sandwiched to take to work.

My vote would have been on the gasser at work. Fresh is always best in my opinion. You should get your work to ditch the gasser and buy a charcoal grill there.

Back