2nd smoke with the WSM 18.5

Bradley Mack

TVWBB Super Fan
Today was a good a day as ever to fire up the WSM for a smoke. I recently received the rest of my accessories and supplies that I ordered on Boxing Day.
Today’s menu is chicken thighs, rubbed down with Worcestershire and seasoned with Meat church’s Honey hog rub. I’ll also be using 3 out of the 4 probes on my ThermoPro TP-25. I have both racks full of thighs, and a probe to measure the top grate temp. Kingsford blue and some Weber mesquite wood chunks.

Was able to use the minion method for the first time using a small sized chimney starter.

I’ve been at it for about 1.5-2 hrs and everything has been so much fun and easy. I bought a utensil hook and used it to clip my thermometer to the front of the WSM. Here’s a few pics. Wish me luck.

Brad.

F4B00196-EE2F-48E9-BF4D-1ADDB1933375.jpeg2377C038-E951-4005-BDEC-97346ACC21A5.jpeg76188CD0-D0D4-42EF-9201-A72AA10B9079.jpeg0F7ADA0E-73CB-4C1A-8CB4-9B5D4B947EAA.jpeg

Nice looking chicken Bradley, I see you are your cooking while it is still warm outside, presently around 30 degrees Fahrenheit in Winnipeg which is tropical for you guys in January .

Last edited:
Nice looking chicken Bradley, I see you are your cooking while it is still warm outside, presently around 30 degrees Fahrenheit in Winnipeg which is tropical for you guys in January .

So true. I’m not used to this. Usually we’re sitting at about - 13 F ( - 25 C) around this time of year. The chicken turned out great and very juicy, however in hindsight, I should have seasoned under the skin. I’ll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Back