2nd generation Weber Summit charcoal

RMiles

I joined this forum when I ordered my Summit charcoal. I've been waiting for over a month to get it and when I call the vendor and checked on it I was told my order was canceled.

Needless to say I was disappointed. I was actually going to Lowe's to order a kamado Joe classic 18 in Grill. As luck would have it, I was out on a date and we passed by an Ace Hardware. She saw me looking and said do you want to go in I hesitated but said yeah.

I went in and asked the salesman if he could still get the summit charcoal and much to my surprise he said it was discontinued. He said I think it's been replaced and he went and checked. To my surprise he came back and said not only is it being replaced, but it's $500 cheaper. I saw the picture and the only difference was it didn't have the ignition box. Fine with me! He said he'll give me a call tomorrow to let me know when it will be available. So I can confirm that there's a 2nd generation and it's 999 for the one without the table. This is what it should have been from the start in my opinion.

I was in the same boat as you. Had one ordered through my ace for 6 weeks. I called and told them I was going to probably cancel my order and try and find one somewhere online. They magically called me back and said they found one and would pay the freight cost to get it here. I’ve had it for about a week now. Looks like I may of gotten one of the last ones out there haha

I was in the same boat as you. Had one ordered through my ace for 6 weeks. I called and told them I was going to probably cancel my order and try and find one somewhere online. They magically called me back and said they found one and would pay the freight cost to get it here. I’ve had it for about a week now. Looks like I may of gotten one of the last ones out there haha
funny you said that...he said he could get a current one and would "eat" the freight cost. I'll know more about gen 2 tomorrow

could you see if he has any info about a second gen one with the table?
Nope. He had the page pulled up, and let me look. Only difference was no propane box attached, and listed at $999. I'll ask when he calls tomorrow.

I saw the picture and the only difference was it didn't have the ignition box.
This is such strange news. They just added Summit Charcoal to the 2020 catalog for the first time, showing the gas ignition system on both models.

If you can snap a photo...please share. :)

This is such strange news. They just added Summit Charcoal to the 2020 catalog for the first time, showing the gas ignition system on both models.

If you can snap a photo...please share. :)
now that I think of it...the model number was 18201001....dont hold me to that. so maybe there will be 3...?

Current Summit Charcoal Grill is 18301001, Summit Charcoal Grilling Center is 18501001.

When Weber introduced the new 18.5" and 22.5" WSMs for the 2009 model year, the model numbers were 721001 and 731001. No one noticed that there was no 711001...which turned out to be the 14.5" WSM introduced for the 2014 model year.

So 18201001 will be the non-worktable version and maybe 18401001 will be the worktable version?

Last edited:
Here it is, Summit Charcoal 24" Kamado Grill and Smoker, Model 18301001. Interesting that they've added "Kamado" to the description.

Summit Charcoal Grilling Center remains the same model number and same configuration with work surface and gas assist. Kamado is also added to the name of this grill.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M47RF7J/?tag=tvwb-20

summit-charcoal.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
At least they’re finally marketing it as a Kamado. I always thought that was their biggest mistake with this grill. It’s so much more than a kettle/wsm combo

My 18 year old Genesis Silver B needs work, but I’m not a gasser fan. An insulated cooker like a Kamado has appealing qualities for weeknight, winter cooks.

I‘m considering one of these.

Back