2nd Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet?

G Schafer

TVWBB Pro
I think we all had fun at the first one, so are there any plans for a second one? Should we make some?

Gerry

Is this community predominantly Midwestern? Sometimes I get that sense. I know there are a few out here in the west and some in the northeast and certainly a few in the Southeast and Southwest. Just based on what guys have said. So perhaps we're just all over the map.

No, we have a number of active members in the northeast, west coast and parts of the south. Our meet last year was just a grass roots effort that some of us who lived in the heartland states made to draw as many members as we could. There is a possibility we can get a 2nd Annual one going, but there is no reason that others can’t sponsor additional regional meets.

Just a small edit to your post Jon, this forum has active members all over the world.
Last year, (well, I guess 2 now, pandemic fouled things last year) some of us like minded nuts thought it might be fun to get together, I had family obligations but, maybe I can make it this year. I have not looked at the calendar.

Just a small edit to your post Jon, this forum has active members all over the world.
Last year, (well, I guess 2 now, pandemic fouled things last year) some of us like minded nuts thought it might be fun to get together, I had family obligations but, maybe I can make it this year. I have not looked at the calendar.
Yes, that is so true. Thanks for pointing that out. Our international friends bring some great perspectives and get to see some of the cool stuff Weber does that we don’t get here in the US. Maybe we need a couple meets outside the US as well👍!

I will say I've been on this forum for about nine years now and I've been a member of a lot of other forums which I no longer participate in.
As I got older and my interests changed, I moved on to other things. But this forum has been the most fascinating one I ever have been a member of.
Chris has the quality of content that most other forums just do not have and the respect we all have for each other keeps me coming back almost every day.
I have learned so much here it's incredible, I'm certainly no pit master but I can make some decent Q.

Now that I'm in my mid 70s I don't grill or smoke as much as I used to. Even if I never fired up another grill, I would still be coming here to see what everyone else was doing.

Thank you, Chris, for making this forum the special thing that it is.

Yep, what Rich said!
I joined in 2016 and I visit this site several times a day for ideas and solutions for problems I never knew I had! Great information, great communication, nice folks. The mass of knowledge here is staggering!
Chris is the best! Great giveaways, even though I’ve never won (😉)… yet.
I have scored some great stuff from members though, including my 18” WSM! I have learned and enjoyed so much here, I am proud to wear the TVWBB garb whenever I can!

Last edited:
Hey all! I had a great time meeting everyone at last years event. It doesn’t look like it will happen again this year, but I have an alternative for any of you in the area. I’ll be competing in the Morris IL KCBS sanctioned Rhythm and BBQ Festival on Sat June 18. I would love to see any of you there!

Back