26" or 22" Kettle

Some guys like fine bourbon at $1500 a bottle. I shoot with guys who enjoy showing off their $10k italian shotguns. GMC has a $20k lift kit package you can get for one of their $90k Denali trucks.

There are plenty of things out there that we can debate about "need."

If it isn't your cup of tea, that doesn't mean it isn't worth the money to some people.
Totally agree with you, that's why I said "personally" as in my opinion only. YMMV

I'm finally going to pull the trigger and buy a Kettle. I ended up asking for the 26" for my upcoming birthday. I should get it within the next week.
ummm.... at the start of the thread, sounded like YOU were going to buy the new Weber... however, your last post indicates it's now a GIFT.....

par-don me, but if that's the case, i'da asked for the NEW Summit Charcoal Grilling Center :summitcharcoal:

It is a birthday gift, but I knew the Summit Grilling Center would be out of the price range. If I could have pulled it off that's what I would have asked for.

Eric,
I see that you are in Waukesha. At my previous job, we bought plenty of big orange Waukesha engines to power the generators that we packaged there. They were my favorite brand of the few that we used. Are you familiar with the company? Are they a large employer in your area?

Eric,
I see that you are in Waukesha. At my previous job, we bought plenty of big orange Waukesha engines to power the generators that we packaged there. They were my favorite brand of the few that we used. Are you familiar with the company? Are they a large employer in your area?

Greg, I think they are owned by GE now. I'm not that familiar with it, but I know where the plant is. I think they are one of the bigger employers in Waukesha, but not that large if you look at the larger Milwaukee region.

I have a 22" Original Kettle and if I had it to do over again I would buy the 26". That said, I didn't buy it as it was a gift from my FIL. I can't say that I've ever really felt that it was specifically too small, but when doing larger cooks for birthday parties and picnics it would always be nice to have a bit more real estate.

Yesterday I went to my local Weber dealer and took a hard look at the Summit Charcoal Grill. I raised the hood, kicked the tires, and made a decision. I ordered a 26.75. I was very happy with my decision and my wife was ecstatic. I don't know if my choices will help you but the fact that I could have had a SCG but instead chose the 26 must count for something. The best of luck with your choices.

Bill

Back