26 incher and not look'n back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaynardO

TVWBB Member
I can not say enough about new 26 OTG. I use it for grilling, indirect cooking and slow cooking.
I cooked two pork shoulders 16 lbs total for 7 hours @ 300 deg and used only 8 lbs of kingsford. The grill is very easy to control, I use 2 fire bricks on each side to hold the coals and aluminum foil over the center coal grate. I'll never use a 22 incher again.
If you see a 22" at the curb that would be my house. The only 22" I'll keep is my WSM.

icon_eek.gif
Maynard, I'm comin' to get your 22"er from the curb!
icon_biggrin.gif

maynard, i don't know why i really dislike you right now. i'll figure it out. would help if you sent me one of those though.

Congratulations on your new grill. I'm totally jealous.

Do you mind me asking why you foil the charcoal grate? Everybody says they do that but I've never heard why. I use the firebrick method but don't foil just because I like to use the gas starter on my performer.

Is it just for clean up?

when you foil the charcoal grate it will direct the air flow to the charcoal which gives you better control. I use fire bricks on two sides and with the 26 I have lots of cooking room left on the grill. One full chimney of kingsford will burn for 4 1/2 hours at 300 deg on the 26.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaynardO:
Jim, not sure which one will get the boot first

This one:

HPIM1959.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, This one will be fine, Thank you!
icon_biggrin.gif

I'll be in Chicago tomorrow
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, This one will be fine, Thank you!
I'll be in Chicago tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, you've got a bit of drool there on the corner of your mouth
icon_smile.gif

Sorry Jim, the blue one is shoved in the back of the pile, it will be a few days before I can get to it.

This one may have to go first:

weber3.jpg

Okay, now you're getting to me!

Wood handles, slide-aside, hood therm,
And STL Cardinals RED!
plus, the condition ain't too shabby
icon_smile.gif

Jim, can you grab this one for me when you go for the blue one??

The red one is called a Matertouch, born date 1990. My new 26 OTG has the same features except for wood handles.

I have an older 26" that I got off of craigslist. Didn't cook on it much to begin with, but it has since become my favorite. I'd certainly be happy to take either the blue or red 22" off of your hands though...
icon_wink.gif
That series of pictures has an unmistakable "gloating" feel to them...very nice..

Allen, No doubt the 26 is my favorite, I can grill, both direct, indirect and smoke. Yes you can say I'm gloating a bit but where else better than to a site where the kettles are appreciated. You have to show of your toys once in a while.

Hey Maynard...nice collection started there. That Mastertouch looks "very familar", hope its workin out good for you! LOL
Anyways, since we seem to be in a "gloating" mood, I thought I might post a few additions to my Weber family over this long winter. Can't wait for grilling season to get back into the swing of things!

http://s442.photobucket.com/al.../A_Tame76/WeberTime/
The above link are my recent finds. A 22" Yellow Kettle, finally found my 22" green one, and the new in box red Mastertouch with wood handles.

http://s442.photobucket.com/al...tion004.jpg&newest=1
My collection up to last summer.

I classify my grills as "lookers" and "cookers". My red SS Performer, "used" 22" red Mastertouch, 22" blue, and 22" green kettles are the cookers, the rest are the "lookers"...as they don't see any cook time.

Yes Jeff that is your old Mastertouch. I have take'n her out on two BBQ,s just to show her off I did not cook on her yet. She stands proud next to my 26 OTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back