$25 Genesis Silver A

Good deal. That one looks like it is in very good condition. I picked up two silver A's the day before yesterday....both free. One is just like yours and one is a little older. The one like yours is better IMO because it has the swing table and it also has a full wire rack bottom.
Both of mine had a pretty good case of the Weber fade on the top. How does yours look?

I am going to check to see if this one has a better Grease Tray then the one I have, if it does I will probably swap it out. I may swap the lid too. However it is seems to be in Great shape over all. It appears to have been stored inside.

Yah, I still have to dig into mine and check out the internals a bit closer. Glad to see you got a nice lid.

Not mine Jon. BOth are same shelf height. Not sure about lid height though. But the older one doesn't have caster wheels either like the newer one.

Just got back with the Grill. It was not as good as the pics. It was caged with grease in the firebox. Grates were not very good. The Grease tray was pretty filthy but a least it did not have any holes. Maybe once I clean the grease tray it may improve with a wire wheel. It is the OEM aluminum grease tray though. Do you all think it will be okay to take a wire wheel to it since it is aluminum?

I would not take a wire wheel to the grease tray. First, scrape out what you can with a 2" putty knife, the use some oven cleaner and a thing of household steel wool to clean it up good.

You will probably be amazed at how good the grill looks after a cleaning. The only real problem with a gunked up grill is if it is hiding a bunch of rust, especially on the frame.

I am with Bruce on all he said. The aluminum grease tray is very thin. A cheapo cost-cutting move by the bean counters at Weber. George:george: would never have approved.

Ha ya they never look as good as they do in the pics unfortunately. 0000 steel wool and simple green will have her lookin brand new very quickly. Parts are cheap......get her some new jewelry

Back