25 dollar vintage 22" Red Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Liz told me she saw this...
DSCN0649.JPG

...on craigs list... and should she buy it...?
she said it comes with a bag of charcoal and an electric coal lighter..
DSCN0653.JPG
DSCN0655.JPG
DSCN0656.JPG
DSCN0657.JPG
DSCN0658.JPG
DSCN0659.JPG
DSCN0660.JPG
DSCN0662.JPG

I said, "yeah, get it!"
DSCN0661.JPG

we'll clean it up this weekend...
icon_biggrin.gif

Vintage <span class="ev_code_RED">Red</span> pre 70's Kettle for $25?
No Brainer. Good job Liz.

Great score there Jim & Liz! I love the oldies, and I see it has the metal wheels too! Thats a winner for sure. I can't wait for more pics.

Nice score!

Looks like whoever had it originally must have had it in a high-wind location, where the lid kept blowing off. Can't think of any other way that so many big chips and bent-up handle would have ocurred.

I think that if I was looking for a kettle, I almost prefer the old 3-vent setup over the "one-touch". I would bet it may allow for better regulation of temperatures - particularly when using it in windy areas, because you can shut-down the windward-side vent independently of the others. Maybe also for multi-zone cooking?

I also remember someone else discussing the old-school ash-catcher that hooks onto the legs. If you remember that thread - Jim's pictures show exactly what I was trying to describe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
...and I see it has the metal wheels too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
HAH! I 1st noticed that today... did not know Weber made metal wheels, always thuought they always were plastic.
w0w! This thing might be older than i thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back