22.5 on back order form factory

AlWielgosz

TVWBB Super Fan
This is why I don't gamble......I had ordered and built a 18.5 WSM, I then returned it the next day and ordered the 22.5 That was April 30th. I checked on the order tonight as it's a day overdue. The customer service rep called right to the factory for me and was told they are on back order for at least another 3 weeks!
Looks like we use the trusty ole Performer for Smoke Day! Darn......
Al

That is awful. I guess it is that time of year. When I ordered in March Amazon had it to my door next day. At least this gives you time have stock up on charcoal.

I ordered my 22 1/2 thru Lowes and it came in in nine days. They carry the 18 in the store but said they had to order 22 1/2. If you are active or retired military, Lowes is the way to go as they give a 10% military discount, and that is significant on either wsm.

Heh Glen! Im in Greenwood this week, fly back home tomorrow afternoon. I did order it through Lowes.... :( Heh I've waited this long.
I have not been able to catch your Southern BBQ place open this week. I had "Bare Bonz" tonight brisket not to bad. I came through the door and this guy comes flying out of the back room with his eye's glaring at me, he started throwing the chairs upside down onto the tables then he went into the back room and was throwing stuff into the sink. The girl behind the counter was not much more friendly.....guess it was to close to closing time?
I took the food back to my room and locked the door.......how they knew I was a Yankee I'll never figure out! :D

I ordered my 22.5 from lowes on 5/10 and picked it up yesterday. I called to check on the order after reading this thread. The email from lowes said it wouldn't be in til the end of the month. Needless to say I was happily surprised! So was the buddy I gave my old 18.5 to!

I ordered my 22.5 from lowes on 5/10 and picked it up yesterday. I called to check on the order after reading this thread. The email from lowes said it wouldn't be in til the end of the month. Needless to say I was happily surprised! So was the buddy I gave my old 18.5 to!
Yeah lol that is my luck! Good thing I never get stressed out, life is short and "it is what it is" attitude always gets me thru..... saying that....OUCH that hurt! Maybe a warehouse near you had one. I'm way up North of you. Our Lowes never carried the WSM. I stopped there yesterday and went to see if the 18.5 I returned was still there and one of the salesman said he sold it the day before. So that sat for a little over a week on their floor......maybe they will now stock them.
I've waited this long so I'll continue to look at all the pictures here and drool all over myself....... Good luck with the new big boy and post some pictures I love the pictures!!!
Al

I ordered my 22.5 on 5/16/13 at about 10 am from local appliance store that carry`s them , had it next day at 11:30 am . Now I just ordered the 18.5 today , that's a different story , it`s on back order , no date of arrival as of yet .

Amazon. Arrived in two days. If you order from Amazon through this sites link, the site gets some compensation to help maintain the site. I went through that with Lowe's when we ordered a new washing machine. And I lack patience. After all that, the wait will be worth it. Now that I am smoking meat, I am much happier. Good luck.

I had already ordered the 18.5 before knowing of the credit VWSM received. The 5% discount applied by Lowes is nice.....
My Rib rack and ET 732 Maverick went thru the site. I sent off an e-mail to Weber yesterday. I may just end up getting it from amazon.......

The only reason I didn't go through amazon was because I had a Lowes gift card. Why don't you cancel your order an go through Amazon? You'd lose the discount but the no-tax on amazon will more than cover that. Also, if you have Amazon Prime, 2 day shipping is free. You could be smoking for Memorial weekend!!!

Well my appliance guy just called , my 18.5 will be in tomorrow , just in time for the weekend . Guess you could say , I`m as happy as a pig in you know what , and thats whats gunna be the first run , a few Boston Butts .:wsm:

Back