2020 Weber Product Catalog

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
2020 Weber Product Catalog

This year's catalog is 16 pages in full color and measuring 11" wide x 8.5" tall. This represents a doubling in size versus just 8 pages in 2019. Still, this is 2 pages less than the 2018 catalog and much smaller than the 2016 (48 page!) and 2017 (60 page!) catalogs.

Here are the highlights:
  • Two pages are dedicated to the new SmokeFire EX4 and EX6 pellet grills, SmokeFire hardwood pellets, and highlights of SmokeFire features.
  • One page is dedicated to the new Weber Connect Smart Grill Hub.
  • One page is dedicated to the Weber Summit Charcoal Series. This is the first time these grills have appeared in any Weber Product Catalog since they were introduced in Spring 2016.
  • On the charcoal grill page, the only new grill is the Master-Touch kettle in Deep Ocean Blue.
  • Nothing new on the WSM front. 14", 18", and 22" smokers are on display with other charcoal kettle grills
  • As has been the case for several years now, the good ol' Ranch Kettle is not shown in the catalog despite still being available.
  • Weber Briquettes are featured in this year's catalog. Despite blow-out sales and limited distribution, it looks like these briquettes will continue to be around for a while.
  • On the gas grill front, the only new grills shown are the Genesis II E-335 in Deep Ocean Blue and the Spirit S-315.
  • Finally, we enter another new model year without an update to Summit gas grills. The 2020 grills are very similar to those first introduced in 2007 (with the exception of a sear station burner added in 2008) and identical to those from 2011 onward, as best I can tell.
New accessories for 2020 include:
2020webercatalog-1.jpg
2020webercatalog-2.jpg
2020webercatalog-4.jpg

Last edited:
Just thinking about how Summit hasn't changed all that much in 14 years, I went through each catalog and created a table showing features by year. You can see that there's nothing new since 2011. Using the highest end grill for each year.

summit-comparison-table-2007-2020.jpg

I was looking at the Summits today in a store alongside all the redesigned Genesis and Spirit grills. It is truly odd that the Summits have essentially been the same grill for over a decade. What could be the reasoning behind this? There must not be a strong enough market for them for Weber to invest?

Maybe they will stop making them and come out with a 6-burner Genesis instead. Would make perfect sense to me.

Maybe they will stop making them and come out with a 6-burner Genesis instead. Would make perfect sense to me.
You mean bring back the 6-burner Genesis. They came out with the Genesis II E-610 and Genesis II LX S-640 in 2017 and dropped both of them at the end of the 2018 model year.

71LDiDCSmgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41mYY8dEXIL.jpg

Ha! I knew I had seen a 6 burner Genesis at some point. I had even checked the Weber web site earlier today to see if one existed.

That’s a nice grill! Was the cookbox porcelain or aluminum?

Was the cookbox porcelain or aluminum?
The cookbox of Genesis II grills are cast aluminum.

And why drop a new model after one year?
Those 6-burner grills lasted two model years, 2017 and 2018. I can only guess that 3- and 4-burner Genesis II grills hit the sweet spot and the 6-burner grills didn't sell well.

It should also be noted that during 2017 and 2018, the Genesis II line-up also included the 2-burner Genesis II E-210 and Genesis II LX S-240. So the Genesis II series overlapped Spirit with a 2-burner grill and overlapped Summit with 4- and 6-burner grills. Too many choices, I think.

81q4PCvmp-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81AlPsV5VRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A 6 burner Genesis II aluminum cookbox would be great repurposed as the foundation for an updated Summit. Just sayin'.

Do these catalogs come out in December for the upcoming year?

The reason I ask is I'm looking at the Genesis II SE-330 and wondering if I should wait and see if there's any new 2021 features I may want (I believe this model came out in 2019 and they generally refresh every couple of years?).

Thanks!

Do these catalogs come out in December for the upcoming year?
They likely come out around then. If you look at the fine print at the end of the catalog that Chris posted, it has what appears to be a revision date of 01/17/20. The previous version that it is revising likely came out sometime in 2019.

But with Covid, Weber just seems to dropping new product randomly on their website. Colored Smokey Joe Premiums, Master-Touch Premium, and the Glen Blue 26er all just appeared on weber.com with little fanfare. So keep looking at the website on a regular basis.

Back