2018 Flu Season

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member
Anyone get blindsided by this year's flu?

I'm still not sure what hit me / us, but I haven't been this sick in 20 years. I'm assuming it's a strain of the flu, but mine started out as bronchitis seven days ago with fever up to 103°. The fever subsided after four days, but the bronchitis is slow to mend, and now I am dealing with bad nasal and head congestion.

My family was hit hard too with some of the same symptoms.

The only problem here, is that the onset of bronchitis is not a recognizable flu symptom. Sometimes I wonder.

We all had flu shots, but I've heard the vaccine is only 30% effective this year.

I got knocked on my Arse Friday at work so I took a half day.
Weekend sucked ( big time), body ached so much that I could barley walk, or breathe.
Monday was just as bad and Tuesday was starting to feel better.
Finally went back to work today so I'm hoping you start feeling better Rusty!

Tim

I got diagnosed with the flu 5 years ago. Just AFTER we go to Florida for spring break! :rolleyes::mad:
I've gotten a flu shot every year since, although I hear that it's not 100% effective against it.

I haven't had a cold or flu in almost 15 years....until two weeks ago got a mild version of the flu, bad cough and weak as could be but fortunately it only lasted about four days.

Just noticed my desktop PC hasen't been on in 8 days according to the calendar gadget. That has to be a record for me. :eek: I've been sick for sure!

Finally went back to work today so I'm hoping you start feeling better Rusty!

Thanks, Tim! I gotta get well so I can remove a ton of leaves at a friend's house.

Last edited:
My dad, who's 93, had the flu and spent 8 days in the hospital back in December. I'll get an occasional cold from time to time but I've never had a flu shot. But I get asked every time I visit my doctor and I decline.

No flu shots for me since 1976...and no flu either. Wife got her annual shot and felt sick, but not enough to put her down.

Back